2014 Dieselboy loses weight

ConceptTA Saturday, 1/11/2014

For those that like to race the Dieselboy casting, you better jump on the yellow or green versions while you can still find them. I noticed on the new orange version that the diecast engine piece that entails the engine, side skirts and rear panel has been changed to plastic. The rear panel is now incorporated into the main body. This put the casting on a diet down to 35g instead of the previous 48g, if I remember right. I took pictures, just haven't figured out how to get them to post yet.

Discussion

View member profile
redlinederby 1/11/14
Site manager

Good to know, thanks for the super sleuthing. Guess I'll hang on to the few extra Dieselboys that I have in the stash, and get a few more next time I see them. My local grocery store always has some that I pass up because I don't need them.

Of course, that also means the Fantasy League can have a second Dieselboy option since it's build is different.

View member profile
GspeedR 1/11/14

I really hate to say this, but the 2014 Dieselboy is just the 'tip of the iceberg' when it comes to Mattel's cost-cutting measures. Such is the price more places than you may think.

to join the conversation or sign-up now