2014 mainlines on the pegs, Target

redlinederby Tuesday, 10/29/2013
Site manager

Stopped by Target tonight with the kid and found 2014 models on the pegs, on sale even. Packaging is a little different...less glitz and more just flat. I like it. Easier to spot in the bins.

Diecast Cars, Hot Wheels, Matchbox

Discussion

View member profile
Traction-Event 10/29/13

Yes sir showing up around here as well....also Nov 2nd is the next K day if you have a K mart nearby. Happy hunting

View member profile
Milton-Fox 11/2/13

Dropped by Target yesterday. They are having a salel (5% off) through Saturday 2 Nov 13. Picked up three new Vettes for the garage wall display.

And found this in the Halloween clearance section. A four pack exclusive to Target that contains a Skull Crusher, Ratified (Bad Ratitude - thanks model40fan) and another car that I think gets mentioned a lot here on the bottom. The 2nd one down looks a little short in the wheel base, but has a wide stance. If it doesnt run, I do have a plan for the wheels. The set was 50% off.

View member profile
model40fan 11/2/13

white car in the 4 pack is "Bad Ratitude", I use it's trimmed nose as front sheet metal on way 2 fast bases...looks you hit the TARGET!
I believe the second car down is called "skullrider" not skull crusher...

The sad thing with the Haloween and other holiday 4 packs at Target, they are now just mainlines repackaged.

A few years back, they were cars that you couldn't get in the mainline. Now Mattel is going the easy route.

View member profile
Milton-Fox 11/2/13

Know what you mean about the multi packs. I had picked up a skull crusher a few weeks ago, but forgot what color it was. I was hoping for a comparision car, but alas the single can go back and be traded in for another model now!

to join the conversation or sign-up now