Tournaments and Racing2016 Pro Series: August, Hot Rod Jamboree

• 20 replies
  • Jump to last reply
Aug
When: Monday, August 15, 2016

http://img.redlinederby.com/src/28d83e68.jpg

Welcome to 2016 Pro Series Hot Rod Jamboree. This is the fourth of 6 tournaments that make up the 2016 Redline Derby Pro SeriesEntry is open to everyone. You do not have to have entrered a previous Pro Series tournament to qualify. The points earned in this tournament go towards each racer's Pro Series total. At the end of the year, the racer with the most total points in will be crowned champion.

This will be a standard, double-elimination bracket. The car that wins the final, wins this tournament. Points earned only go towards the Pro Series total, they do not determine the winner of this tournament. 

The next Pro Series tournament will be held in October.

Hot Rod Jamboree

There's no shortage of love around these parts for hot rods, so here you go. Dig out your Chevys, your Fords, your gassers and everything in between. The past few years have been light on pre-1960 cars in stores so you'll have to dig through your collection or check your vintage retailers.

Results

Congratulations to Voxxer Racing on another Pro Series tournament win. 

Rules & Restrictions

• Weight: 65g max
  • Car size: Max 3.25" long by 2" high. Width should fit on standard HW orange track.
  • Limit 1 cars per entrant
  • Any brand (See model limits below)
  • Retail wheels and axles only. Any axle type allowed.
  • Must be drilled rivets, no stock entries
  • Dry lubes only
  • Must be a new build. No previously raced cars.

Casting restrictions

The body of your car must be a pre-1960 real world model car. No fantasy cars or Mattel original designed cars. 

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6044/6267836521_5f1d0ec790.jpg

Prizes

The racer that wins this bracket will receive a $10 Amazon.com gift card (digital), plus a RLD Victory Sticker.

How to enter

Post a reply with your intention to enter, then ship your entry car so that it arrives before August 15, 2016. 

At this time, please PM the host, Geno "WizardOfOz", for his mailing address.

Please include an RLD Entry ID Card with your entry along with some money to cover the cost of returning your car if you want it back.

Scoring and Winning

This is a standard, double-elimination bracket. Each match-up will be best 2-out-3, alternating lanes. Seeding will be random as will any byes that are needed. The car that wins the bracket is champ. Points do not determine the winner of this tournament.

Pro Series points are +10 for every win in the main bracket. The tournament winner will receive +20 for the victory. There will be no points awarded for Loser Bracket wins.

Penalties

Cars will be inspected on arrival and checked for weight and other conditions. Any car that fails inspection will be removed from the tournament and returned to the owner.

Each car is given one do-over if they come off the track during a run. If goes off track a second time, it will forfeit that match.

Host Track

This tournament will be racing on Geno's track in Kansas. It is a 20-foot long, orange track with a WOO Starting gate and 3DBotMaker finish line. 

More details and track photos will be posted when they are made available.

I'm in for this race, looking forward to a new Mid-West track.

Given the Pro Series history...please review the rules and ask any questions now, sooner than later.

Hopefully the rules are straight forward enough this time. In general, make it look like a hot rod and you'll probably be okay.

Just to clarify one point, "Retail wheels and axles only. Any axle type allowed", means that FTE wheels and axles are allowed, but custom axles or wheels are not allowed, correct?

Just making sure :)

WizardofOZ
That's how I read it.
aircooled
That is my understanding.
redlinederby
That's correct

Me and my daughter will be submitting our first car for this one.

72_Chevy_C10
Awesome! And Welcome! See ya in lane 2!

I just noticed I had given incorrect information on my raceway. It is a scale 1/4 mile. So it measures 20'5/8". 

I apologize if I cause anyone any additional work.

aircooled
No problem, thanks for the update.

So if it is a model based on a real car that is pre-'60 it can be considered?  I almost exclusively buy vans and wagons.  I think I have a Nomad and Studebaker wagon that may be able to qualify.

WizardofOZ
Yes. You are correct.

Voxxer Racing will be developing pre - 1960 car for the race.   

And here is Voxxer's car...

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w407/critterwerks/20160726_223314_zpslmypvwty.jpg

Wizard of Oz 

Could you pls post info on track.   Height of starting gate.   Length of incline and straight.   Is transition at angle or slope.  Pics would be great.    Thx.  Voxxer Racing 

aircooled
Have we heard from Wizard with the info?

Sorry it's been a busy weekend. 

1.Starting gate height 38 inches.WOO Racing Flip up gate.

2. Incline length 6ft sloping with a super smooth transition.

3. 3Dbotmaker finish gate.  

I will try to get pics.

gtaman
Pm sent for address
Voxxer01
Any pics of track ?

I've got a Ford F100 to enter for this, but it hasn't arrived in the mail yet.

Interior is full of lead... '32 Ford Coupe

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x220/gtamanbucket/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-08/EDBBAC87-E483-45E2-B25...

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x220/gtamanbucket/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-08/715E187D-ECC1-4602-993...

Heading your way tomorrow

WizardofOZ
That looks pretty SWEET! Nice job.
fordman
yup

A couple of classics heading out tO the Jamboree.

Voxxer Racing's '57 Chevy...

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w407/critterwerks/20160806_093903_zpstzgps5om.jpg

And my '40 Ford Sedan...

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w407/critterwerks/20160807_190811_zps1dqldxar.jpg

That car has no weight in it and it is 65 grams on the dot...just a straight up wheel swap and some paint. :)

fordman
had to snip the rear bumper ends off those fatties myself, looks kinda synister...yup.

Workin on my 47 Chevy gasser. 

Race cars are starting to arrive at the track.

It's gonna be a great time this weekend !

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

WizardofOZ
The 47 was slllloooowww. Building a Willy now.
fordman
IMO... any car that has its wheel inboard of the fenders may have some body rub on the siderails

The old hot rod is in the mail, and will be there Friday by 3:00 pm.

According to the post office my car arrived at the P.O Box around noon today.

gtaman.......here

Aircooled......here

72chevyc10....here

Voxxer01.........here

WizardOfOz.......here

Redneckracer.......here

Royracer81.......no show

Tracksurgeon.....no show

Finkle.........no show

Weigh ins ,position draw Sunday morning. Race immediately after and finish by noon if time allows.....if not races will be completed early Sunday evening. 

Geno H

Bueler ..... Bueler .....

Has this race been run?

Sorry about the delay on reporting the results. (Real life interrupted lol). I must say that ALL races were very close. I do have video ......but it is dark. I am going to move the track to another room in an attempt to remedy the problem. I apologize. If given another chance to host, I should be able to deliver a video. Cars will be shipped today. Congrats to Voxxer as he continues to "DOMINATE".

Geno H

*****Final four ******

Gta vs Voxxer........Voxxer wins

C72 vs Aircooled.....C72 wins

*****Championship>****** 

C72 vs Voxxer........Voxxer wins

72_Chevy_C10
Thanks for hosting, Geno! And Congrats Voxxer!
gtaman
Wow that lead interior must have worked! I would be happy with dark video if you have time to post it.
Voxxer01
Thx WOZ. Great Job.
aircooled
Geno, thanks for hosting the Mid-West leg. Congratulations Voxxer, you are the guy to catch!!!

Share your thoughts

You must login to make a reply