'33 Coupe, Middleweight Series back-up car.

model40fan Sunday, 3/22/2015

'33 Ford 3 window Coupe Stocker ;

Fenders / interior ... before n' after, seats removed for locating a blacked out 15.1 gram lead block ;

Grill n' Mill... before n' after...Blower box removed... Spray black spray bomb into a coated paper plate, torn paper match as a paintbrush, paint the areas that would be shaded black, quickly wipe only the outer surface with paper towel ... I blacked out the grill for that black to chrome contrast ;

Blacked out glass, used a black sharpie from the inside so it won't rub off, surface stays shiny ;

FTE '33 coupe base... blacked out the base that shows out from under the fenders. leaving only the headers and bumpers chrome, JB QUICK holes drilled under the ['69 vette] axles, after installation this becomes a rivet, securely anchoring the axles ...

'33 coupe body, hood hole filled, door opening filed square at the B pillar, hole drilled and filed to form the rear quarter windows ;

Gonna be Beaumont yellow with black fenders, In 1933 Ford Motor Co. would sell any colored bodies on black fenders... By 1934 Ford Motor Co. sells matching color fenders and body... The 1933 fenders were dipped through 1" of black paint floating on top of  36" of cold water...

Mock-up...

Discussion

View member profile
CrzyTrkrDude 3/22/15

NICE!  I've been wondering what you've been up to up there!! 

Great looking car!!

View member profile
model40fan 3/22/15

Wynderz... HW card's blister, sharpie blacked, cut so the sharpie side is to the interior...

I used a like casting so as not the handle the body too much...trim the HW. rear window glass so it doesn't interfere with either side of your quarter window glass... Blacked out the bottom panel of the blister, I made a mark to tell me which side goes where...I used the #2... Leave plenty of blister hanging down from the opening... Sparingly glue this strip to the interior door panel this installs the windows, when set, glue the other edges...

]The [2] glass panels, cut one, trim till right, then overlap and cut the other side to shape... clever fellow could trim to appear to have the driver's window down 1/2 way...

View member profile
KandORacing 3/22/15

Looks awesome Smitty! I can't wait to see it finished and in action. Great work as always

View member profile
model40fan 3/23/15

A little Beaumont yellow ;

After and Before ;

• Looking Cool, Smitty...I like the Yellow/Black combo! — 72_Chevy_C10
to join the conversation or sign-up now