60 Days later...thanks for your support

redlinederby Tuesday, 6/24/2014
Site manager

So the new Redline Derby site is about 2-months old now and I know it was a lot of change happening all at once but I need thank all of you that have braved through the storm. I know things have been far from perfect but that's how it goes for any project - you try something, tweak, try again and repeat - all in an effort to make a better product.

I admit that shortly after launch I was tempted to pull the plug and go back to the old way but I'm glad I chose otherwise because I do feel that what we have is a better place to play that is much better suited at highlighting all the great stories, photos and tournaments we're creating everyday. Whether you actually like the new site or hate it and just "deal with it", I appreciate your patience and support. A new coat of paint doesn't change the great community we've all built together.

But that being said, there's a lot left to do for the web site and community. I continue to make improvements both big and small on a near weekly basis, and I thank everyone that has reported bugs and problems they experience...keep 'em coming!

And new additions are on the way that include a new Trophy Room section and the return of the Fantasy League. I'd like to give a timeline for all these things but I just can't. As a hobby, the site will always take a back seat to home & family but rest assured that when free time presents itself, I'm working 110% on Redline Derby Racing.

So again, thanks for your feedback and support. It means a lot.  

Discussion

View member profile
model40fan 6/24/14

this may not be the topic, but can we indivigually  opt out of the "new comments" thing...the messages box is cool, but the other one tells me what hasn't been read by me, but is wrong, and doesn't subtract them unless I go through it... I can click on and read a new comment, but the # doesn't decrease... one more thing I don't need to deal with...I am too lazy to go back and re-read the comments just to clear the update notice...please clear mine automatically... thanks B...

View member profile
KandORacing 6/24/14

If that is possible, I will have the same done. The new notification system is annoying. I go and read all the new post anyway.

View member profile
redlinederby 6/24/14
Site manager

I'll see what I can do. I can't have anything auto-clear but I can see about making the counter thing a profile option that you can turn on and off. However, the counter will always show you how many PMs are unread...that would be the only number you'd see after opting out.

However, when you opt-out of the notifications, you won't know when any of your posts received a thumbs up comment. That's the trade off in this scenario.

But having the whole thing be an option is a good idea and one I can certainly add.

to join the conversation or sign-up now