I just missed this race last year, but I've wanted to build a Muscle Car ever since! The twist this year will be two-car teams with one 40 gram car and one 57 gram team. Let's see if the lighter cars can keep up with the heavier ones...prizes for the best 40 gram and the best 57 gram...and the best combined team!
Oh, as K&O reminded me, the first Bare Muscle race was a 'winner take all' race...so, this one will be too! The winner gets all the cars!
Rules & Restrictions
- Weight minimum/maximum - one 40 gram car, one 57 gram car
- Size restrictions; length and height - The usual, 1.3 high, 3.5 long orange track wide
- Cars per entrant/household - 2 cars per team (one 40g, one 57g), 2 teams per person, max
- Brand, body style, year, make/model requirements - Muscle Cars...anything on this list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_car#Models
- Wheel limitations, requirements FTE allowed
- Must be drilled rivets
- Dry lubes only
- Misc requirements - If you look back at last year's Bare Muscle race, you will see that the cars are all stripped with a different color roof on each. Pretty cool stuff. Please paint your own roofs a unique "team" color. So, please post in this thread what color you will be using.
How to enter
Post a pic in this thread, or just send in your cars
Where to send your cars
Don't forget to print an ID card with your entry
June 4th, 2015
Scoring and Winning
1 point per win, one point for winning the 3rd place race, and extra point for winning the heat
Outline the penalties if a car fails to meet the requirements. Include any
details about how a racer can get their entry fixed, adjusted, etc.
Tracks & Dates
TBD. Is this a series or single tournament? Describe how shipping will be handled
between hosts, responsibilities, instructions, etc.
- June 6th, 2015, MI - Traction Event
- June 13th,2015, OH - 2Seven
- June 20th, 2015, OR - K&O
- June 27th, 2015, ME - Model40fan
- July 4th, 2015, NJ - 72_Chevy_C10
Winners and Results