Bare Muscle II Race...Week OneThursday, June 4th, 2015
I just missed this race last year, but I've wanted to build a Muscle Car ever since! The twist this year will be two-car teams with one 40 gram car and one 57 gram team. Let's see if the lighter cars can keep up with the heavier ones...prizes for the best 40 gram and the best 57 gram...and the best combined team!
Oh, as K&O reminded me, the first Bare Muscle race was a 'winner take all' race...so, this one will be too! The winner gets all the cars!
Rules & Restrictions
- Weight minimum/maximum - one 40 gram car, one 57 gram car
- Size restrictions; length and height - The usual, 1.3 high, 3.5 long orange track wide
- Cars per entrant/household - 2 cars per team (one 40g, one 57g), 2 teams per person, max
- Brand, body style, year, make/model requirements - Muscle Cars...anything on this list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_car#Models
- Wheel limitations, requirements FTE allowed
- Must be drilled rivets
- Dry lubes only
- Misc requirements - If you look back at last year's Bare Muscle race, you will see that the cars are all stripped with a different color roof on each. Pretty cool stuff. Please paint your own roofs a unique "team" color. So, please post in this thread what color you will be using.
How to enterPost a pic in this thread, or just send in your cars
Where to send your cars
Pinckney, MI 48169-9797
Don't forget to print an ID card with your entry
June 4th, 2015
Scoring and Winning
1 point per win, one point for winning the 3rd place race, and extra point for winning the heat
Outline the penalties if a car fails to meet the requirements. Include any details about how a racer can get their entry fixed, adjusted, etc.
Tracks & Dates
TBD. Is this a series or single tournament? Describe how shipping will be handled between hosts, responsibilities, instructions, etc.Series tracks
- June 6th, 2015, MI - Traction Event
- June 13th,2015, OH - 2Seven
- June 20th, 2015, OR - K&O
- June 27th, 2015, ME - Model40fan
- July 4th, 2015, NJ - 72_Chevy_C10
Winners and Results
hmmm... '64 galaxies are in... me too ! ... found a '66 cyclone and a '68 cuda... pencil me in to host somewhere in the middle of the pack.
... Sloppy Jalopies team roof color = "deep purple"...
- Cool, Smitty! You're down for June 27th — 72_Chevy_C10
- Smoke on the Water or Deep Truckin'? — HappyCamper
- yes, smoke on the water, speed child and space truckin. — model40fan
- What about Highway Star?? — KandORacing
- I have Machine Head on vinyl, I love it!! — KandORacing
- had machine head when i was 17, then ? tokyo — model40fan
I can host June 13th, just let me know
Park Place Raceway
- You in, Matt....June 13th, it is! — 72_Chevy_C10
Can we make this a winner takes all race again, please? :-)
- Okay, why not...Winner take all! — 72_Chevy_C10
- all but the cars that qualify to race in the all-star bash... — model40fan
- Okay, all but the top 4...the winner will get those after the Champion's Race — 72_Chevy_C10
- bingo — model40fan
Just btw, I'll do a orange and black roofs on my cars.
I need one more host for the June 20th race...any of the newer racers want to host a race? It will be a good chance to take a look at some modded cars!
- If no one else does I can host. — KandORacing
- Okay, Keith...if noone else steps up, I'll put you on the list — 72_Chevy_C10
- Cool! — KandORacing
I was just looking at the list of Muscle Cars...so many cool cars...lots of potential!
I might have to do some testing for this one! I have to find something to keep up with Smitty's Galaxy's!
- stick a Ford in it ! — model40fan
- I don't know how those things work...the distributor is in the wrong spot! :) — 72_Chevy_C10
- yeh, when you lift the hood the rain water doesn't drain into the distributer on the ford... — model40fan
So....can we commission JDC to build another trophy? Or even better enter. I'm in and will do my best to defend my title. Winning last year was a high point and the trophy with the cars is a very prized piece of my collection.
- That would be awesome! — 72_Chevy_C10
- book HIM danno ! — model40fan
- That would be awesome to have him build another one like last year's! — KandORacing
I will be entering this race, we would like the color red on our roofs, please.
- Sounds good! — 72_Chevy_C10
I need to figure out what to build for this one...I've got a bunch of '68 Camaros (the horrible purple version that is out now...I won't mind losing that paint!). So, that will probably be my lightweight. But, there are so many possibilities for the middleweight. Novas, Chevelles, Impalas, oh my!
Yellow roofs (Marigold actually) and at least one Pontiac Firebird ('67)...
- Yellow, it is! — 72_Chevy_C10
I've been tinkering with a '68 El Camino for middleweight (sorry TE, stealing your idea from last year.... lol). I t was going good until I boogered up the axles..... going to try another set and do something different. Either way I have sweet looking motor I am planning on sticking through the hood!
- Run it! remember there a few versions of this casting, some run wide rear wheels, some don't — Traction-Event
- This one is a metal on metal wide rear wheel release. — KandORacing
- I am out of commission for a bit, my Dremel went to Heaven the other day. LOL — KandORacing
It's official, Traction Event will be hosting the first event. Which, of course, means some awesome video action of the first race! No pressure, TE!
I'll have his address in the first post shortly
Here is a link to last year's race...
I hope that JDC doesn't mind me putting on this race...I think it will be fun!