Corvette Summer 2018 - RLD Series Event.
The Corvette....an American Classic and true slice of Americana, since the early 1950's this car has been the dream of many...and to this day...it still is. This Series Event is dedicated to that part of the American Dream....rolling down the open road of an American Summer with that V8 taking you where your heart desires.
The series will start on Memorial Day Weekend...and will finish on Labor Day Weekend. So, that is the beginning and end of summer. In June the Vettes will hit RI and NJ....in July they hit Utah and OH...in August they roar into Fla(and hopefully another track TBD) before they return to NC and a date with a nasty road course to finish up and claim a Champion.
The Corvettes would be 1953 to 1982...Generations 1-3 of the Corvette.
Rules & Restrictions
- Weight minimum/maximum-57g(TE Rule)
- Size restrictions; length and height-fit HW Orange Track
- Cars per entrant/household, etc.-2 cars per entrant(may be stock or modified or mixed)
- Brand, body style, year, make/model requirements, etc-1953 to 1983 Gen 1-3 of Corvette.
- Wheel limitations, requirements;- NA
- Stock cars allowed-Yes, but you will racing against modified cars.
- Must be drilled rivets-Yes, but weights can be glued to bottom of Stocks(hybrid stock/mod), nothing attached to the roofs or bodies...keep the cars looking good.
- Dry lubes only-Yes
- Misc requirements-must make the first race to be part of the Series, cars can't join the field at a later date.
6" Trophy engraved and other goodies as well....and of course Glory!!!!
How to enter
Post a reply along with how many cars you're going to enter.-Yes, please.
Are there any entry or shipping fees? -if you are hosting, you are responsible for the shipping cost to the next destination.
Where to send your cars
PM me for my address if you don't have it already since the Series starts in NC on Tobacco Road.
I need the cars on or before Friday May 25th 2018 to start the Series.
Scoring and Winning
The winning Corvette for each individual race will get pub and some points, racers will get 1pt per win, 1pt for making the Finals/Championship race per track race. The points will be cumulative throughout the Series to determine our overall Champion. The cars will have to win two(2) in a row to advance on each track(the usual RLD format for victory).
Just make weight and follow the rules...repairs if needed are the discretion of the Host...unless we are talking FUBAR, then that car would be out of the Series.
Tracks & Dates
The Summer of 2018...Tobacco Road, LJLRC Track, Sussex Speedway, D64 2 lane, RLD Raceway, Gulf City Dragway....and Bootleg RunSeries tracks
- May 25th, NC - Tobacco Road(LoS)
- June 10th, RI - LJLRC Track(FOTF)
- June 16th, NJ - Sussex Speedway(Chevy C10)
- July 14th, Utah - D64 Two Lane Track(CC Rider)
- July 21st, OH - RLD Raceway(The Boss)
- August ?, Fla- Gulf City Dragway(Mopar Mafia)
- hopefully one more in August
- September 1st, NC - Bootleg Run(LoS)
Winners and Results
The members youtube channels and FB pages most likely will tell the tale of Corvette Summer 2018.