Death RaceFriday, April 1st, 2022
Thanks to Josh Paufler at Rust Belt Diecast for the great logo!
Road course tournament featuring any casting.....but it must be modded with some type of exterior weapon. Mad Max / Gaslands theming is highly encouraged.
Rules & restrictions
- Modified entries only
- 50g maximum weight
- 3.25in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide
- Limit No limit entries per household
- Retail axles and wheels only. NO FTE/NPA axles allowed.
- Dry lube only
- Must have external weapon (gun, blade, etc.)
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Saturday, 4/1/2022. Racing will begin in December, but may be delayed depending on completion of the House Cup. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
Include at least $5.00 per car for return shipping if you want your entries back. Entries not getting returned will be given to the winner as part of the prize.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Racing will be on the Tricky Triangle. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
Scoring rules TBD.
Cars are given a grace of 1g over the stated weight limit to account for variance in scales.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify for victory. Offending cars will still race. Finish position and any prize will go to the runner-up in the case of the penalty car winning.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will not be repaired or replaced.
Epic Homemade Trophy
- More in Racing & Tournaments
This will be a fun build. Count me in! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.
Lots of lead time on this one!
This may get moved to December 2021, but it'll definitely happen!
Well, it looks like the wife and I will need to mod a couple of our favorite Gaslands cars for racing!
- What's your favorite team? I've done Slime and Verney so far. Ali has a Hwy Patrol team. I'm going to try to do a 60 can set for each team. — GenX_VintageRacing
- The wife is more the Idris-type, but I'm Miyazaki all day long. I haven't really played with any of the published versions of the newer teams. I got a little burned out during the "Refueled" beta testing. — LionHawkRacing
- Cant do Beverly, as the lead car doesn’t have any weaponry. Only the Soul Riders do, and that’s limited to dropped weapons. — SpyDude
Seeing the lead time is so long, the Canyon team will definitely be entering this one :)
- Woo! You know what's almost as good as chaos? Predictability! — IndianaDiecastRacing
I went a little more Interstate '76 than Death Race or Mad Max, and it probably won't win, but it should look pretty going down the track, right? :P
- I like it! — IndianaDiecastRacing
- Unfortunately, due to a huge miscalculation on my part, this homage to Groove Champion's Picard Piranha is way over weight. Not to worry though, I've switched gears and am now modding one of my Gaslands favorites for racing. If all goes well, after a simple chassis swap and a couple of cubes to fix the balance, I'll be able to send one of my matching Rally Cats your way. — LionHawkRacing
- Are you able to pull the car apart again to change out the weights? I like this ........ I want to see it run. — SpyDude
The Intimidator and BlueJay are ready to compete.
- excellent! — IndianaDiecastRacing
Want in on this, do you have an overall limit?
- Nope, I think it's gonna be my thing to run massive events! — IndianaDiecastRacing
- Awesome, will see how my I can get together. V8!! — MrDarq
Sometime around Christmas:
"...and here we are at the Tricky Triangle Raceway in Indiana, and we are going to have some serious racing tonight! (And tomorrow, and the next few days .....) We are looking at a seven hundred and fifty-two car lineup - that's right, 752 - and we're going to be burning pixels by the millions all this week ..... We could have gone for even more cars, but I gotta eat, sleep, and hit the bathroom once in a while here, so cut me some slack ......"
- Lol! — IndianaDiecastRacing
Yeah I'm totally in, still need to figure out a color scheme but I mocked this monster up last night.
(Yeah I know it might be sacrilegious to mess one of these castings up but I bought 3 of them so it's fine :P )
- 3 of them? One more and you could have a Steiner scout lance! — Redline_Salvage_Inc
I have this creation ready to compete, 50 caliber on passenger side, 2 roof mounted tank buster cannons. And fast too.
- Lookin' good! — GenX_VintageRacing
- Outstanding! — IndianaDiecastRacing
You can count on cars coming from the Wastelands of Seattle.