Grand Opening Celebration.Wednesday, April 19th, 2023
Rules & restrictions
- Modified entries only. Non Hotwheels castings
- Unlimited weight
- Recommend that you pick castings that are the ones who are a little bit too big for standard Hotwheels orange track, yet are still generally 164 scale.
- Unlimited entries per household
- Retail axles and wheels. FTE/NPA axles allowed. I have heard of Tubing, please feel free.
- Dry lube only. I can give all entries a fresh coat of grafite before Racing.
- Non Hotwheels brands with Hotwheels wheels conversion only.
- Because so many say, "Black wheels only". I am saying "Coloured wheels only".
- Have some fun with it. These car drivers are crazy DARE DEVELS"
- They have jump over the Death pit. Navigate the Half Pipe and jump out to Survive the landing area carrying enough speed to get a great launch down the hill drop. Staff off the walls as best as possible all the way to the ramp into Outer Space. Where now you are trying get past the rift in order to try and climb all the way to Big Checkered flag area past 60 inches.
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before April 18 2023. Any cars late will be saved and entered into future tournaments. Racing is scheduled for Wednesday, 4/19/2023. We will be filming LIVE on Facebook. Look for the page. Garden Super Speedway Park. I will eventually upload to YouTube.
There above photos are now old. The DINO RUN must be renovated after the Winter abuse. New photos will be added as season Reno's are completed. I will do some before and after Reno photos.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
Include at least $10.00 for shipping. Canada Post is expensive. Cars will be prizes at the end of the season. Cars will also get a chance to race the other wide lane track.
Please include driver history statistics. Ie races entered, when and where, and position finished. Give us something to talk about.
The tournament will be held on the DINO RUN.
This is endurance racing. Last driver standing.
We will be hosting an open fire pit BBQ. PARTY. Racing will begin soon there after. Concluding in a closing ceremony of fireworks in the evening.
Race format and scoring
Multi lap endurance racing. 1rst lap is qualifying the starting grid.
Every subsequent lap is an Elimination round.
Every subsequent lap starts farther up the run.
Every subsequent lap presents a new challenge.
When you crash you are out.
The goal is to be the last car standing.
Just as important, is collecting distance points. Via the 10 check points and space points. Every check point is valued at 1 point. Space points are awarded is every inch you climb up the ending ramp we affectionately called SPACE.
Crashing and finishing off your wheels is terms for Elimination. There is a spot on track we call the Death Box. If the Box catches you, you are Eliminated.
So far, all cars entered will be given the chance to race in other wide track tournaments. Culminating in an end of season Maga tournament where all winning teams cars will be entered. All non winning cars collected throughout the season will be distributed amoung the top winners.
- More in Racing & Tournaments
I will support a fellow Canadian...count the Crazy Canuck in...now just gotta figure out what to send...
- Thank you very much. I am exited to receive you to the event. Big fan. Sad when you didn't win Gravity Throttle construction tournament. — Garden_Super_Speedway_Park
- I don't yet know how the private message works here. Mailing address in first comment. — Garden_Super_Speedway_Park
- I added some stuff to the Rules section. — Garden_Super_Speedway_Park
- NO kidding Eh! Alright let’s go back to the drawing board and see what I can come up with…lol — Crazy_Canuck
- Hopefully makes things easier. — Garden_Super_Speedway_Park
- I hope coloured wheel change and allowance to use tubing has not caused you too much trouble. — Garden_Super_Speedway_Park
- Not at all…I’ve already got some picked out — Crazy_Canuck
- I just saw the first IDRL Qualifying. Round 1. great job on Pole Position. !! — Garden_Super_Speedway_Park
I have an odd question, do you race other scales, too?
a 1/32 diecast with slot car wheels and tires would be ruthless, lol
looking forward to racing on it
(why I asked)
- Hahaha I can race all scale sizes. On the DINO RUN. 1:32 scale can race side by side. Wind up or free wheel. 1:24 and 1:18 scale in endurance/ distance racing. Those two cars are the dogs cars. Plastic children's toys with the guts out and weight in. I do plan to host other events that could include these other sizes. — Garden_Super_Speedway_Park
- Infact I just finished typing out, (4 hours) of details for the entire racing season of 6 tracks culminating in a GRAND CHAMPION FINALS event for a NEW YEARS celebration event. Only to have this page make me sign back in and reload me to the begging with nothing to show for my 4 hour work. — Garden_Super_Speedway_Park
- That Mustang is slightly bigger than a 1:18 scale diecast car and flys off the far end of the SPACE ramp every time!! — Garden_Super_Speedway_Park
- I always use a 2nd page (notebook, or MSword) to write out long posts. I hate when filling out a contact us thing and it resets after you wrote out a complete description of what you wanted — dr_dodge
Couldn't say it better than Crazy Canuck ...Grayboys Racing is in for two! Now that!!! Is a Canadian masterpiece right there....could use some duct tape to hold 'er down there though eh? ??????
- Handyman’s secret weapon…Duct-tape…and in the words of one of the wisest men to ever grace out colour tv screens…if women don’t find ya handsom, they should at least find ya handy — Crazy_Canuck
- You have no idea how right you are. — Garden_Super_Speedway_Park
- There is three layers of Gorilla tape and @ least 4 layers of painted on surface. Sanded multiple times No more Gorilla tape this year. I plan 1 new layer of pictures inlaid and 3 coats of painted on new surface. (Weather Permitting. — Garden_Super_Speedway_Park
- The side walls are the only place for the tape. Only half an inch is down onto the track deck. Surveys as the Rumble strip. Life's lesson right here, STAY OFF THE WALLS. LOL!! — Garden_Super_Speedway_Park
count me in
that is a heck of a track!