This is an open call for builders of all skill levels to participate in a special tournament at the Pacific Rim Speedway! This tournament will feature JDM (Japanese Domestic Manufacturer) castings ONLY.
This is a mail-in tournament for 1/64 scale diecast cars of any real JDM car casting. No fantasy cars allowed. Cars must be replicas of real manufactured cars, which ONLY include Nissan, Toyota, Subaru, Honda, Acura, Lexus, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Infiniti, and Suzuki.
*Datsun and other car manufacturers are NOT allowed.
32 CAR FIELD - FIRST COME FIRST SERVED
The winner will move on to the year-end "KING OF MONSTERS" tournament.
Rules & restrictions
- Stock and modified entries allowed.
- 60g maximum weight.
- 3.25in. long x 1.5in. tall x 1.25in. wide. Should fit within Hot Wheels black flat track, which is a little narrower than standard orange flat track.
- Limit 1 entry per household.
- Retail axles and wheels only. FTE/NPA axles allowed. Fantasy wheels allowed. No rubber wheels.
- Dry lube only.
- Custom paint required.
- Custom graphics and numbers are optional. No offensive or controversial symbols or slogans of any kind.
- Any 1/64 scale diecast car of any brand; i.e., Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Johnny Lighting, Maisto, etc.
- JDM manufactured cars only, which includes Lexus, Honda, Acura, Toyota, Suzuki, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Infiniti, and Mazda. Year and model must be clearly visible on the bottom of the car. When in doubt, ask the race host. Absolutely no Datsun castings allowed.
- Must be a car that has never raced before.
- No moving parts allowed, such as hoods, doors, trucks, etc. All moving parts MUST be glued down.
- No proxy sign-ups.
- If you signed up for a previous race hosted by Monster Motorsports, and you are a no show with no communication prior to the deadline, you will be removed from that race and any follow on races you have signed up for that are hosted by Monster Motorsports and replaced with the next alternate entry.
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Monday, 6/21/2021. Racing is scheduled for Sunday, 6/27/2021. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Send your entries to:
Monster Motorsports Diecast Racing
7702 Barnes Road #140-73
Colorado Springs, CO 80922
Include at least $5.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back. You can include money with your entry, or wait until the tournament is over where the host will reach out to each builder that has not paid return shipping. Cash, Paypal, Venmo, or Facebook Messenger is acceptable. Message host for payment details.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Racing will be on the Pacific Rim Speedway - Monster Motorsports. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
Racing will be conducted in groups of 4 cars each for rounds 1 & 2, with the car achieving the most points moves forward. Each 4-car group in rounds 1 & 2 will complete 4 laps each rotating start position. The 3rd and final round will have 3 cars remaining, which will be decided by Round Robin to determine the winner.
Cars will score points based on how they finish each lap:
1st Place - 5 points
2nd Place - 3 points
3rd place - 2 points
4th Place - 1 point
DNF - 0 points
Race host has final decision in all races.
Bracket seeding will be random.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, I will contact the owner to discuss options to make the car meet all restrictions. If a compromise that is fair and within restrictions cannot be met, the car(s) will be returned to the owner.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. If cars that break during racing, I will reach out to the owner to work out a solution if possible.
The winner will move on to the year-end "KING OF MONSTERS" tournament. Additional prizes may be added, but not guaranteed.
1. R-Lo Racing
2. PWC Racing / Hawthensung (#42)
3. Idiot Luggage (#24)
4. MnM Racing League / Markista
5. Rust Belt Diecast Racing / Josh
6. Transport Diecast Racing / Oliver James
7. Ragtag Racing
8. Rivera Racing / Big Romy
9. Commotion Diecast / Dalevis Jenkins Jr.
10. Chet, Hell, Chit
11. RTR Diecast Racing League / Myke Maze (#5)
12. Biff Kirby Sr
13. Cole Trickle
14. G4 Diecast Racing / Daddy G (#4)
15. Farmer Boy Racing
16. Golden Owl
17. WeRaceDiecast / Glenn's Car Creations (#27)
18. Aces High Racing / Spy Dude
19. Too Kay
20. Willy Maykit
21. Live Young Die-Cast / Chips Maghee (#9)
22. Uncle Elvis
23. Fractal Panda
24. Nick Deavers Racing
25. The Crazy Canuck (#23)
26. WeRaceDiecast / Doc (#51)
27. Mayfield41 (#41)
28. Flips Racing (#81)
29. Mopar Mac
30. WeRaceDiecast / Dave (#20)
31. Vapor Diecast Racing / Sneaky Bob (#21)
33. WeRaceDiecast / Shiloh Thomas (#26)
34. Dom's Tuner Shop
35. Flat Rabbit Racing Club
36. Chaos Canyon
37. Maker's Box Motors
38. Chief Wopahoo
39. Big Mac
40. Big Al
41. Capper Deluxe
43. Mad Mike
44. Dollar Diecast Daily
45. FUMO Diecast Racing
46. Overclocked Racing
46. Sam Haul
48. Darq Arts / Dubious Darq