The Pacific Rim Speedway plays host to its first open casting event, known as the Ram Rod 400! This mail-in tournament pays homage to the 1969 Oldsmobile 442, which was equipped with the 400ci V8 "Ram Rod 400" engine under the hood. Any fantasy or realistic casting is eligible, but it must have a big blower motor. See rules for specific details*
This race will host a 32-car field, which will be conducted in two 16-car brackets. Races will air on the Monster Motorsports Diecast Racing Facebook Group and YouTube Channel. If we receive more than 32 cars, a special head-to-head 2-lap qualification race will be held to determine the top 32 cars.
The winner will move on and compete in the end-of-year "King of Monsters" championship race!
Rules & restrictions
- Modified entries only.
- 50.0g maximum weight. All added weight must be concealed inside the body. There is no weight allowance. 50.0g is the maximum. No exceptions. I use this 600g Scale.
- 3.00in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide. Should fit within Hot Wheels black flat track, which is a little narrower than standard orange flat track.
- Limit 1 entries per household. Limit 1 entry per race team. This is to ensure fair representation.
- Retail axles and plastic wheels only. Fantasy wheels allowed. Polishing axles allowed. No FTE. No axle tubes. No rubber wheels.
- Dry lube only. Do not over apply graphite that causes a bunch of graphite to fall out when I open your package.
- Must have an exposed big blower motor that is higher than the roof of the vehicle. Motor may be stock or an add-on. Motor may be located on the hood or trunk/bed. Do not mount motor to roof.
- Big motor must be permanently glued/welded if mounting as an add-on. If at any time, your big motor falls off, or breaks off, your car will NOT continue in the race. Your motor is now gone.
- Any casting from any brand is allowed* Fantasy castings allowed. Pick-up trucks/Utes allowed. No SUVs. No Vans. No buses. Hot Wheels Way 2 Fast is not allowed because it is too long to run through the dual lane curves on the Rim. Also, Hot Wheels Surf n' Turf is too wide, but you can definitely cannibalize the motor.
- Chassis must match the vehicle. No frankenstein mash-ups, chopping, or modifications. Fender wells may be enlarged to accomodate larger wheels.
- May be a car that has raced somewhere else before.
- NO moving parts allowed, such as hoods, doors, trunks, etc. All moving parts MUST be glued down except wheels of course!
- The body must be repainted with custom paint scheme. Do not just draw things on the stock paint with a sharpie or paint pen. No offensive graphics or markings. Graphics and numbers are optional, but highly encouraged. Keep in mind that dark paint schemes are harder to see on the track without contrasting light colored graphics/numbers.
- If you miss the deadline, your car will not be entered. Please be respectful of my time and get your entry shipped out on time.
- No proxy sign-ups allowed. You cannot sign-up anyone other than yourself.
- If you signed up for a previous race hosted by Monster Motorsports, and you are a no show with zero communication prior to the deadline, you will be removed from the current race as well as any future races you have signed up for that are hosted by Monster Motorsports. You will also be replaced with an alternate entry. If you get in touch with me after the deadline and communicate, it is up to my discretion to allow entry into future races. Life happens. I just ask that you communicate.
- You MUST post in this thread, or send me a DM through Redline Derby, to confirm your place on the roster. You are confirmed once you receive my reply regarding your race status.
- When in doubt, or have a question, send me a message here on Redline Derby.
Dates & Deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Monday, 11/22/2021. Racing is scheduled for Sunday, 12/5/2021. If you do not make the deadline, your car will not race. No exceptions will be made. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
USPS has announced that they are increasing their shipping times for first clas mail service. This impacts most diecast builders that send their cars via the cheap first class route. You can expect first class service to possibly take up to 7-10 days now.
So if you prefer to continue to use first class service to mail your cars to tournaments, I suggest you plan on shipping at least 2 weeks prior to the deadline.
How to enter
Post a reply on this thread that you are in, and Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
Include at least $5.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back. You can include money with your entry or wait until the tournament is over where the host will reach out to each builder that has not paid return shipping. Cash, PayPal, Venmo, or Facebook Messenger is acceptable. Message host for payment details.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Racing will be on the Pacific Rim Speedway - Monster Motorsports. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
Races will be running in a standard 16-car bracket with 4 cars participating in each race. The top 2 cars from each race will advance to the next round through to the semi-finals. Bracket seeding will be random. Race host has final decision in all races.
Cars will score points based on how they finish each lap:
1st Place - 5 points
2nd Place - 3 points
3rd place - 2 points
4th Place - 1 point
DNF - 0 points
If we receive more than 32 entries, a special head-to-head 2-lap qualification race will be held to determine the top 32 fastest cars. This is something new and special for our fans to allow as many builders to participate.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, I will contact the owner to discuss options to make the car meet all restrictions. If a compromise that is fair and within restrictions cannot be met, the car will be returned to the owner.
All entries received will be given two test runs (one run in each lane) to ensure it can finish the course of the track without any issues. Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, will forfeit their participation. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. If cars that break during racing, I will reach out to the owner to work out a solution if possible. Cars that are glued together have come apart in the past due to big crashes on the track. I cannot enforce the use of screws, but it is highly encouraged because they can easily be replaced or opened to help fix any performance issues.
The winner will move on to the year-end "King of Monsters" championship. Additional prizes may be added, but not guaranteed.
1. Golden Owl Racing / Gray Wizard
2. PWC Racing / HawThenSung
3. Underdogs_Unleashed / M.C.MhanBhAR(z)
4. Commotion Diecast / Rusty Wheeler
5. Vapor Racing / Sneaky Bob
6. G4 Diecast Racing / Daddy G
7. Mac Racing / Mopar Mac - RECEIVED
8. Aces High Racing / SpyDude - RECEIVED
9. Play Worn Racing / Coopdevil
10. Last Chance Customs / Cole Trickle
11. Red Salvage Inc. / Terrance Jr.
12. Team DRT3K / Sam Haul
13. Nick Deavers Racing / Nick Deavers
14. Mad Mike's Custom Garage / Mad Mike
15. Doc's Speed Shop / Doc - RECEIVED
16. Dubious Diecast / Mr. Darq - RECEIVED
17. Ragtag Racin / Ragtag Jim
18. Code 3 Motorsports / Chief - RECEIVED
19. Indiana Diecast Racing / Tain - RECEIVED
20. FUMO Diecast Racing / Fern
21. Live Young Die-Cast / Lone Star - RECEIVED
22. Ra Sungod Racing / Ra Sungod - RECEIVED
23. R-Lo Racing / R-Lo
24. Numbskull Racing / Jack Daniels
25. NJ Drive Racing / Wally Champ
26. 2K Racing / Too Kay - RECEIVED
27. Madness Motorsports / Big Mac
28. Lily's Boneyard / Lily the Dog
29. Chaos Canyon / Phil Fury
30. Grumpy Cloub Racing / Mark Pan - RECEIVED
31. Down Squad Racing / Shannon BR
32. Big Al's Custom Diecast / Big Al
33. The Eh Team / The Crazy Canuck - RECEIVED
34. RTR Diecast Racing League / Myke Maze
35. Diego's Diecast / Diego Roman
37. Spirit of '64 Racing / Scooter Roundwell - RECEIVED
38. Snow Valley Racers / Marcus Firegone - RECEIVED
39. Smooth Boy Racing / Biscuit Brown
40. Fractal Panda Diecast Racing / Fractal Panda - RECEIVED
41. Maker's Box Motors / Boxer
42. Bubblehead Racing / Reckless Ronnie
43. NikolaLacey Racing / Joey Slow
44. Rust Belt Racing / CupKake
45. Flat Rabbit Racing Club / Cross - RECEIVED
46. Rivera Racing / Big Romy
47. Uncle Joe's Speedway / Captain Cave Man
48. Crummy Racing / Crum-bum
49. Roadrage Racing - RECEIVED
50. Cheap Thrills Racing / Triple B
51. KCLH Racing / Katelyn
52. Dogtown Racing
53. CutRock 'R / Burt Buzzard - RECEIVED
54. Filipiak Performance Diecast / Brutal - RECEIVED
55. WB Racing / Wobbly Bob
56. Red River Racing / Mr. Gregg
57. Pirate Diecast / Messy Marv - RECEIVED
58. Hotbox Matchwheels / Storm Trooperson - RECEIVED
59. Jonnys Speed Shop / Jon Vista - RECEIVED
60. Hartbeat Speed Shop / Daddio
61. HT Racing / Quick Shift
62. Funky Mother Chicken / Wolfie Wolfgang - RECEIVED
63. T.F.T. Raceway / The Tooth Fairy - RECEIVED
64. Uncle Elvis Racing / Uncle Elvis
65. Mrs Kraken Motorsports / Buck Wylde
66. Iron Beard Customs / Kingston James
68. Bay City Diecast / Bay City Darrell
69. Overclocked Racing / Athena
70. Booga Basement Customs / Axle Foley
71. Tex-Tenn Racing / Ole Sarge
72. Rez Wheelz Racing / Rez