Scrapper has opened a chop shop in the underground, and is hosting a junkyard style race! The entry should look like it was parted together from parts in a junkyard or pick n' pull. This race is open to all levels of mechanics and drivers. This race will host a 32-car field, which will be conducted in two 16-car brackets. Races will air on the Monster Motorsports Diecast Racing Facebook Group and YouTube channel.
The winner will move on and compete in the end-of-year "King of Monsters" championship race!
Rules & Restrictions
- Modified entries only.
- 60g maximum weight. All added weight must be concealed inside the body.
- 3.25in. long x 1.5in. tall x 1.25in. wide. Should fit within Hot Wheels black flat track, which is a little narrower than standard orange flat track.
- Limit 1 entry per household. Limit 1 entry per race team. This is to ensure fair representation.
- Plastic retail wheels only. FTE/NPA axles allowed. Tubes allowed. NO Fantasy wheels. NO rubber tires.
- Dry lube only. Do not over apply graphite that causes a bunch of graphite to fall out when I open your package.
- Must be a replica of a real car, truck, van, or SUV. No fantasy castings allowed.
- Any 1/64 scale diecast car of any brand is allowed; i.e., Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Johnny Lighting, Maisto, etc.
- The body must be repainted with custom paint scheme. Do not just draw things on the stock paint with a sharpie or paint brush.
- NO printed graphics, decals, or water slides allowed. All livery must be hand painted. Numbers are optional.
- Windows and windshield must remain installed with your entry. Do not completely fill in the interior to look like a solid block of polished metal. Windows and windshield may be modified to look aged, cracked, or broken in the spirit of the theme of the race.
- Absolutely NO weapons or Gaslands style add-ons. This is NOT a mad max or post-apocalyptic style race. However, things can be added/modified to the car to make the trunk or hood look like it is warped or bent slightly open.
- A driver figure must be included inside the car if the roof or doors are missing.
- Must be a car that has never raced, or qualified, on any track before.
- NO moving parts allowed, such as hoods, doors, trunks, etc. All moving parts MUST be glued down.
- No proxy sign-ups allowed. You cannot sign-up anyone other than yourself.
- If you signed up for a previous race hosted by Monster Motorsports, and you are a no show with zero communication prior to the deadline, you will be removed from the current race as well as any future races you have signed up for that are hosted by Monster Motorsports. You will also be replaced with an alternate entry. If you get in touch with me after the deadline and communicate, it is up to my discretion to allow entry into future races. Life happens. I just ask that you communicate.
- You MUST post in this thread, or send me a DM through Redline Derby, to confirm your place on the roster. You are confirmed once you receive my reply regarding your race status.
- When in doubt, or have a question, send me a message here on Redline Derby.
Example of an Acceptable Entry:
- Race host has final say on any entry. If it is not within the spirit of the race, or obviously built in the grey area, it will be disqualified.
Dates & Deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Monday, 8/2/2021. Racing is scheduled for Sunday, 8/8/2021. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to Enter
Post a reply on this thread that you are in, and Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
Include at least $5.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back. You can include money with your entry, or wait until the tournament is over where the host will reach out to each builder that has not paid return shipping. Cash, Paypal, Venmo, or Facebook Messenger is acceptable. Message host for payment details.
Entries will be added to the Pacific Rim Speedway diorama if return postage is not paid.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry and ensure you fill it our completely.
Racing will be on the Pacific Rim Speedway - Monster Motorsports. View track profile and specs
Race Format and Scoring
Races will be ran in a standard 16-car bracket with 4 cars participating in each race. The top 2 cars from each race will advance to the next round through to the semi-finals. Bracket seeding will be random. Race host has final decision in all races.
Cars will score points based on how they finish each lap:
1st Place - 5 points
2nd Place - 3 points
3rd place - 2 points
4th Place - 1 point
DNF - 0 points
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, I will contact the owner to discuss options to make the car meet all restrictions. If a compromise that is fair and within restrictions cannot be met, the car will be returned to the owner.
All entries received will be given two test runs (one run in each lane) to ensure it can finish the course of the track without any issues. Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, will forfeit their participation. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. If cars that break during racing, I will reach out to the owner to work out a solution if possible. Cars that are glued together have come apart in the past due to big crashes on the track. I cannot enforce the use of screws, but it is highly encouraged because they can easily be replaced, or opened to help fix any performance issues.
The winner will move on to the year-end "King of Monsters" championship. Additional prizes may be added, but not guaranteed.
1. Chaos Canyon #13 - RECEIVED
2. PWC Racing #42 - RECEIVED
3. Idiot Luggage
4. Golden Owl #77x
5. Rust Belt Diecast Racing
6. Flat Rabbit Racing Club - RECEIVED
7. Indiana Diecast Racing - RECEIVED
8. White Nuckle Motoring Speed Shop #33
9. Ragtag Racing #220 - RECEIVED
10. R-Lo Racing #69
11. SpyDude #3
12. Live Young Die-Cast
13. Bay City Diecast #12
14. Commotion Diecast #77
15. It's Diego by the Way #14
16. Ca$h Money Boy$ #22 - RECEIVED
17. MAC Racing #7
18. Darq Arts Racing #13 - RECEIVED
19. Rowdy Parrot Racing #81
20. 2K Racing - RECEIVED
21. Last Chance Customs #31
22. G4 Diecast Racing #4
23. The MakersBox
24. Fractal Panda #8
25. Mykemaze Customs #5
27. Overclocked Racing #121 - RECEIVED
28. Secret Tower Tuning
29. FUMO Diecast Racing
30. Spirit of '64 #64 - RECEIVED
31. Doc's Speed Shop
32. Uncle Elvis Racing
2. Numbskull, Inc.
3. Mad Mike's Custom Garage
4. Khei's Diecast Garage
5. No Regrets Racing