This is an open call for builders to have their chance to race their cars at the Pacific Rim Speedway! The Rim is like no other diecast track, because it is a street race through a city being attacked by Kaiju (Japanese genre of films featuring giant monsters).
48 CAR FIELD - CLOSED! ALL SPOTS FILLED.
This is a mail-in tournament for 1/64 scale diecast classic muscle cars. Cars must be replicas of real classic muscle cars that are from '64 to '75. The year and name of the car must be clearly visible on the bottom of the car. No fantasy cars, or model year cars outside of '64 to '75 will be allowed.
The winner will move on to the year-end "KING OF MONSTERS" tournament.
Rules & restrictions
- Stock and modified entries allowed
- 60g maximum weight
- 3.25-in. long x 1.5-in. tall x 1.25-in. wide. Should fit within Hot Wheels black flat track, which is a little more narrower than standard orange flat track.
- Retail axles and plastic wheels only. FTE/NPA axles, Real Riders, and fantasy wheels are NOT allowed.
- Dry lube only
- Any 1/64 scale diecast car of any brand.
- Limit 2 entries per household. You may have up to 2 primary cars entered into the race with 2 different number assignments. You may also send a back-up car for each primary entry you send in.
- Classic Muscle Cars with model years between '64 and '75 only. Year and model must be clearly visible on the bottom of the car.
- Custom paint job with number required. Number must be displayed on doors and roof. You may keep the original paint, but you must remove the tampos and replace with your own graphics as a minimum. You may pick any available number from the list below.
- No controversial symbols or slogans of any kind.
- There is a 60g limit each car. A 1g allowance will be used for differences between owner and host scales.
- Must be a car that has never raced.
- No proxy sign-ups.
- If you signed up for a previous race hosted by Monster Motorsports, and you are a no show with no communication prior to the deadline, you will be removed from that race and any follow on races you have signed up for that are hosted by Monster Motorsports and replaced with the next alternate entry
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Tuesday, 3/30/2021. Racing is scheduled for Tuesday, 4/12/2021. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host. Race videos will be released each week until the tournament is complete and winner is declared.
How to enter
Send your entries to:
Monster Motorsports Diecast Racing
7702 Barnes Rd #140-73
Colorado Springs, CO 80922
Fill out and print Official Entry Form that can be downloaded here: drive.google.com/file/d/1QmBh2R5aouUC_fAKSVzEPXfC0HFiCFEv/view?usp=drivesdk
Include the entry form with your submission.
Do not include money with your submission. Return shipping fee can be sent via Venmo or Paypal via Friends & Family (Gift) only.
Include details about your entry in the comment section of the payment, to include, email address, car name, and tournament name.
Include at least $5.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back. Entries will be returned in the same packaging as it is received by the host. If you do not pay for return postage, your entry will be given to the winner as part of the prize.
Racing will be on the Pacific Rim Speedway. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
Racing will be conducted in groups of 4 cars each for rounds 1 & 2, with the car achieving the most points moves forward. Each 4-car group in rounds 1 & 2 will complete 4 laps each rotating start position. The 3rd and final round will have 3 cars remaining, which will be decided by Round Robin to determine the winner.
Cars will score points based on how they finish each lap:
1st Place - 5 points
2nd Place - 3 points
3rd place - 2 points
4th Place - 1 point
DNF - 0 points
Race host has final decision in all races.
Bracket seeding will be random.
Cars are given a grace of 1g over the stated weight limit to account for variance in scales.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, I will contact the owner to discuss options to make the car meet all restrictions. If a compromise that is fair and within restrictions cannot be met, the car(s) will be returned to the owner.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. If cars that break during racing, I will reach out to the owner to work out a solution if possible. The easiest solution is to send a back up (reserve car).
1. Team DRT3K (Car B) - RECEIVED
2. Uncle Joe - RECEIVED
3. WidowmakerRun - RECEIVED
4. G4DiecastRacing (Car A) - RECEIVED
5. RTR Diecast Racing League - RECEIVED
6. Uncle_Elvis - RECEIVED
7. MAC Racing - RECEIVED
8. Rivera_Racing (Car B) - RECEIVED
9. G4DiecastRacing (Car B) - RECEIVED
10. Crazy_Canuck - RECEIVED
11. WallyChamp73 - RECEIVED
12. Too_Kay - RECEIVED
13. Chaos_Canyon - RECEIVED
14. Diego - RECEIVED
16. Big Al's Custom Diecast - RECEIVED
17. Team DRT3K (Car A) - RECEIVED
20. WallyChamp73 - RECEIVED
22. CaShMoneyBoyS (Car A) - RECEIVED
24. Big_Mac - RECEIVED
26. RTR Diecast Racing League (Alternate) - RECEIVED
27. GlennHarding - RECEIVED
28. Speedy_T (Car A) - RECEIVED
30. Mango Smoothy - RECEIVED
37. Driepe51 (Car B) - RECEIVED
41. Mayfield41 - RECEIVED
42. PWC_Racing (Builder A) - RECEIVED
44. Cheap Thrills Racing League - RECEIVED
46. Live Young Die-Cast - RECEIVED
47. Chicken & Waffles - RECEIVED
49. Rust Belt Racing - RECEIVED
51. Driepe51 (Car A) - RECEIVED
53. Secret Tower Tuning (Car B) - RECEIVED
55. CaShMoneyBoyS (Car B) - RECEIVED
56. Red Snapper - RECEIVED
60. Ring of Fire - RECEIVED
61. Flip81 (Car B) - RECEIVED
63. PWC_Racing (Builder B) - RECEIVED
66. TheMakersBox - RECEIVED
68. RLoRacing (Car A) - RECEIVED
69. RLoRacing (Car B) - RECEIVED
70. Rivera_Racing (Car A) - RECEIVED
71. Fizzy Pop - RECEIVED
76. Rust Belt Diecast Racing (Alternate) - RECEIVED
77. GoldenOwl - RECEIVED
81. Flip81 (Car A) - RECEIVED
82. Speedy_T (Car B) - RECEIVED
88. Pistachio Limeade - RECEIVED
96. Secret Tower Tuning (Car A) - RECEIVED
98. FUMO_Diecast_Racing - RECEIVED
220. RAGTAG_JIM - RECEIVED