Final Fantasy FracasSunday, January 1st, 2023
Fantasy castings don't get no respect! While the specifics are TBD, this tournament will celebrate all the crazy car-like and off the wall fantasy castings! To make things even more ridiculous, there will be no limit to the weight and modifications you can make, as long as nothing will damage the track or stab me in the foot!
Rules & restrictions
- Modified entries only
- 100000000g maximum weight
- Must fit on standard orange Hotwheels track without impeding cars in the other lane
- Limit Unlimited entries per household
- Everything goes (except propulsion devices - must be gravity-powered)
- Dry lube only
- Must be custom painted!
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before August 1st. (May be extended based on timing of Death Race)
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
Include at least $7.00 min for return shipping if you want your entries back. Entries not getting returned will be given to the winner as part of the prize.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
The Tricky Triangle will (probably) be retired this winter; this event will run on a new track (though it will have similar concepts: laned track leading to open track w/ elements of Crash Racers, Coroplast, and an "interesting" finish area.
Race format and scoring
Will incorporate some type of round robin 4-car group stage, followed by standard 4 car groups.
There will be a best in show competition!
Host will do his best to keep cars trackworthy, but no promises!
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will not be repaired or replaced.
Custom homemade trophy & possibly other "stuff"
Thanks to Rob Manore of Monster Motorsports for designing a great tournament logo!
- More in Racing & Tournaments
So many things to do to a car! All for one race! Brilliant!
- can't wait to see what you come up with! — IndianaDiecastRacing
- A car??? MULTIPLE cars! IDR is going to be overrun with cars for this event. — SpyDude
- so just like normal, right? — IndianaDiecastRacing
Boy, you opened a can of worms here .... I am SO in!!
- haha, that's the idea! — IndianaDiecastRacing
- That's a hell of a maximum weight ... 220,462 pounds?!?! — SpyDude
Wow just caught a big miss here......no propulsion devices! The car must be gravity-powered!
- Well... fine. — GenX_VintageRacing
- Dang! Now I have to start over! ;) — G4DiecastRacing
- "MARTY!!! Pull out the flux capacitor!!" — SpyDude
- There goes my bottle rocket contraption I was gonna rig that ignites one when it senses the car moving — RLoRacing
This sounds Awesome. I hope Amazon has enough weights in stock.
This is going to get fantastically weird in a very fun way. Down Squad Racing is in!
- Huzzah! — IndianaDiecastRacing
dude...I hope you know what you have done...and are willing to accept the results...you might be at this one for a while...lol
im in btw...
do tow vehicles count as fantasy?
- haha, if it takes 6 months to run, so be it! define "tow vehicles?" — IndianaDiecastRacing
You know my answer
- 42? — IndianaDiecastRacing
- Bout tree-fiddy — RLoRacing
See ya in June!!!
- Heck yeah! — IndianaDiecastRacing
I'm gonna shoot for that max weight.
- I'd expect nothing less! — IndianaDiecastRacing
- Rules addendum: Umm, the PLASTIC track should be able to hold up the casting... :D — TexTenn_Racing
This is awesome! You can count me in!
- Excellent! — IndianaDiecastRacing
Jim, are you crazy?! This will be nuts! And that's exactly why so many people will love this race! (Me too!) :D