It's Friday Night Street Racing with Snake. We meet at the edge of town at Sparlings Propane near the railway tracks. Friday night we compete, four lanes wide, to determine who is the fastest. Afterwords Drivers hang out at either the Kawartha Dairy or Popeyes. There are multiple events in the year, so sign up and we will fit you in.
We sometimes have featured events: TnT Monster Truck Challenge and/or Sweet JP's Yellowline.
We don't condone Street Racing unless it is done at 1:64 scale.
The season will start as soon as the snow is gone.
Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/843628836208348
The Top 8 Friday Night Street Racing cars on the Ladder will get to compete on the Snow Valley Diecast Racing - Open Road Edition track.
Rules & restrictions
- Choose Your Ride - Unmodified Stock cars only
- Real-World Cars Only
- No Trucks or Vans, however Convertibles, Conpact Cars, Station Wagons, Pickups and SUVs are allowed. Prefer Sports Cars (think Fast & Furious)
- No Dry Lube (If you qualify we apply the Dry Lube for Ladder)
4 Cars compete for a shot at the Top 8 Ladder. The winner gets Dry Lube applied to the axles as all cars in the Top 8 Ladder have Dry Lube applied.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to choose your ride. You request a casting that you like and Snake will find you your ride. There are no fees for joining this event. Entry is dependant on availability and up to the discretion of the Track Host.
Check out Sweet JP's Yellowline, www.redlinederby.com/topic/sweet-jps-yellowline/4951, if you are interested in mail-in modified cars. We usually run this after the regular Friday Night Street Racing.
Snow Valley Diecast Racing - Street Edition. This is a our little drag strip just East of town.
Race format and scoring
Four cars are entered each event to race head to head. We do four runs with rotating starting positions. The fastest car gets a shot at the Top 8 Ladder. We applied Dry Lube to the Top 8 Ladder cars and Dry Lube will be applied to your car at this point. If you make the Top 8 Ladder, each time you get a shot at moving up the Ladder.
Check out Season 1 ...
Season 1 Ladder:
1. Grandslam of DamDiecast Racing - '67 Pontiac GTO [35.66g]
2. Orillia Diecast - '06 Dodge Viper SRT10 [36.00g]
3. Snake of Snow Valley Racers - Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 [36.26g]
4. Ra Sungod of Ra Sungod Racing - ‘68 Mercury Cougar [34.17g]
5. Grimsetter of Palomino Race Team - 2017 Acura NSX [30.20g]
Do you have what it takes?
June 17th 2022
Sign up for the NEXT Friday Night Street Race that is targeted for August