This is an open call for builders of all skill levels to participate in a special tournament at the Pacific Rim Speedway! This tournament will feature stock cars, but with a twist.
This is a mail-in tournament for 1/64 scale diecast cars of any real car casting. Cars must be replicas of real manufactured cars from any diecast brand. No fantasy cars allowed. Cars MUST be stock and cannot be modified other than removing the tampos and applying your own decals.
32 CAR FIELD - FIRST COME FIRST SERVED - 16 SLOTS AVAILABLE
The winner will move on to the year-end "KING OF MONSTERS" tournament.
Rules & restrictions
- Stock entries only.
- 50g maximum weight.
- 3.25in. long x 1.5in. tall x 1.25in. wide. Should fit within Hot Wheels black flat track, which is a little narrower than standard orange flat track.
- Dry lube only. NO wet lube.
- Any 1/64 scale diecast car of any brand.
- Limit 1 entry per builder.
- Builder must remove tampos (stock decals), and replace with your own decals or water transfers. Clear coat or clear nail polish may be used to help seal water slide decals.
- No other modifications allowed. Car will be disqualified if altered in any manner, including but not limited to removing rivets, altering weight, changing paint, swapping wheels, adding anything that didn't come stock with the car in the original packaging, sanding tires, etc.
- Numbers not required on the cars. Be creative to identify your entry, but no offensive or controversial symbols or slogans of any kind.
- There is a 50g limit for each car. A 1g allowance will be used for differences between builder and host scales.
- No proxy sign-ups.
- No moving parts allowed, such as hoods, doors, trucks, etc. All moving parts MUST be glued down.
- If you signed up for a previous race hosted by Monster Motorsports, and you are a no show with no communication prior to the deadline, you will be removed from that race and any follow on races you have signed up for that are hosted by Monster Motorsports and replaced with the next alternate entry
There are many techniques to remove tampos from diecast cars, but here is a video of the technique that I use:
Quick Tip: How to Remove Tampos Without Using Chemicals
How to Apply Waterslide Decals
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Monday, 5/17/2021. Racing is scheduled to begin on Sunday, 5/23/2021. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Send your entries to:
Monster Motorsports Diecast Racing
7702 Barnes Rd #140-73
Colorado Springs, CO 80922
Fill out and print Official Entry Form that can be downloaded here: Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Include details about your entry in the comment section of the payment.
Include at least $5.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back. Entries will be returned in the same packaging as it is received by the host. If you do not pay for return postage, you forfeit return of your entry.
Include at least $5.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back. Entries not getting returned will be given to the winner as a prize. No official prize other than bragging rights, and entry into the year-end tournament.
Racing will be on the Pacific Rim Speedway - Monster Motorsports. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
Racing will be conducted in groups of 4 cars each. Each group will complete 4 laps. Starting positions will rotate between laps. Each car will start from each of the 4 starting positions.
The top 2 cars will advance from each group until the final round. Cars will score points based on how they finish each lap:
1st Place - 5 points
2nd Place - 3 points
3rd place - 2 points
4th Place - 1 point
DNF - 0 points
In the case of a tie, a runoff between the tied cars will be a best 2 out of 3 laps. Cars will rotate lanes. If a third runoff lap is required, the car with the better finishing time during the runoff will get the inside lane.
The car that wins the final race will be declared the winner. Race host has final decision in all races.
Bracket seeding will be random.
Cars are given a grace of 1g over the stated weight limit to account for variance in scales.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will be returned to the builder if they paid for return shipping. The rules are straight forward and simple. Don't even ask for an exception. We want to keep the race as fair as possible.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. If cars that break during racing, I will reach out to the builder to work out a solution if possible, but there is no guarantee.
1. PWC_Racing (#42) - RECEIVED
2. Idiot Luggage (#63) - RECEIVED
3. WeRaceDiecast_DJ (#26) - RECEIVED
4. Josh Paufler - RECEIVED
5. Transport Diecast Racing
6. G4 Diecast Racing - RECEIVED
7. Crazy_Canuck - RECEIVED
8. Dubious Diecast (#13) - RECEIVED
9. No Regrets Racing (#24) - RECEIVED
10. RLoRacing (#69) - RECEIVED
11. Bay City Diecast (#12)
12. Mykemaze Customs - RECEIVED
13. Uncle_Elvis - RECEIVED
14. Chaos_Canyon (#13) - RECEIVED
15. MnM Racing - RECEIVED
16. Spirit_of_64 (#80) - RECEIVED
17. TheMakersBox - RECEIVED
18. Dadvball - RECEIVED
19. Playworn Racing - RECEIVED
20. Dribblybob (#17)
21. itsdiegobytheway (#24) - RECEIVED
22. WallyChamp73 (#21)
23. Commotion_Diecast - RECEIVED
24. FUMO_Diecast_Racing - RECEIVED
25. RIVERA_RACING - RECEIVED
26. Guingoyo - RECEIVED
27. Too_Kay - RECEIVED
28. Driepe51 (#51) - RECEIVED
29. GoldenOwl - RECEIVED
30. Biff Kirby Sr - RECEIVED
31. Chet, Hell, Chit - RECEIVED
32. Cole Trickle - RECEIVED
2. Mad Mike
3. Dam Diecast