Vintage Sports Car Tournament (FULL)Monday, July 24th, 2023
This is the Inagural Race at Pacific Coast International Raceway!
Sports cars from the 1950's, 60's & 70's. Any sports car as defined: "The sportiest, hottest, coolest-looking coupes and convertibles—low to the ground, & sleek. They generally are two-seaters, but sometimes have small rear seats as well."
The earliest definition of a sports car was a convertible seating two with improved performance and driving dynamics. Think Triumph TR6, Austin-Healy Sprite, & Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa.
No four door cars, no hatchbacks, trucks, sedans, etc. Ask host if unsure.
Rules & restrictions
- Modified entries only
- 55g maximum weight
- 3.25in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide
- Limit 1 entries per household
- Retail axles and wheels only. FTE/NPA axles allowed. Black tires only, ok to sand. Wheel tubes are ok.
- Dry lube only
- Custom paint and number (Paint or decal) required.
- No body modifications, windows can be tinted/painted, (no visible weights), convertibles need a driver. Chassis sanding for clearance is ok.
- Include team, driver and car number
- 32 cars + 4 alternates (Sneaky Bob is an invited honorary participant)
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Monday, 7/17/2023. Racing is scheduled for Monday, 7/24/2023. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
Include at least $7.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back. Entries not getting returned will be given to the winner as part of the prize.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Racing will be on the Pacific Coast International Raceway. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
This will be a 4x4 points tournament. Four cars, four laps each race. Two top point earners cars will move on. Cars will rotate positions between each lap.
Points are as follows: 1st, 4 points. 2nd, three points. 3rd, two points, 4th one point. Race host has final decision in all races. Hosting team (G-Force Racing) will not race due to home track advantage.
Bracket seeding will be random.
Cars are given a grace of 1g over the stated weight limit to account for variance in scales.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify for victory. Offending cars will still race. Finish position and any prize will go to the runner-up in the case of the penalty car winning.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will not be repaired or replaced.
Will be awarded, prizes to be determined.
1. Vapor Racing, Sneaky Bob #21
2. Bent Rod Racing, Koots #63
3. Bad Wool Racing, Blackie Mutton, #98
4. Underdogs_Unleashed, Blake, #0
5. Feral MODS, Feral Patrick #34
6. R-Lo Racing, R-Lo #69 (Rec'd)
7. Dubious Diecast, Mr. Darq #13 (Rec'd)
8. Aces High Racing, SpyDude #86
9. Milestone Racing, Mav Miles #8
10. Live Young Die-Cast, Lone Star #34
11. Road Rage Racing, Roadrage #27
12. White Knuckle Motoring, Crazy Canuck #37 (Rec'd)
13. Miniature Car Racing, Bolo Brown #76 (Rec'd)
14. Spirit of 64, Scooter Roundwell #64
15. Karmic Racing, Hades #57 (Rec'd)
16. Puffs Racing, Puff #29 (Rec'd)
17. Man Child Motorsports, Papa Pugsley #72
18. Chase Family Racing, Endcount #73.
19. Uncle Elvis, Uncle Elvis #9 (Rec'd)
20. Numbskull Racing, Numbskull #55
21. RaSungod, Ra Sungod #79
22. Makers Box Motors, Boxer #66
23. 407 Diecast Kings, Jefe #48
24. Iron Beard Customs, James Iron Beard #00
25. Kitchen Sink Racing, Captn Kelly #62
26. Redline Salvage Inc, Terrance Jr #?
27. MQHracing, Boondox #18
28. Miniature Car Racing, Wes Coasin #007
29. Fractal Panda Diecast Racing, Fractal Panda #81 (Rec'd)
30. Schottys Diecast, Schotty #3 (Rec'd)
31. Hot Nuts Diecast, Craigster Sr. #7
32. Dr. Dodge, The Dr. #43
Alt 1. Jester65, Kingjester #65
Alt 2. Art Goons Racing, Maser #33
Alt 3. DRT3K Racing, Sam Haul #1.
Alt 4. Gravity Throttle Racing, Speedball Herman #38
- More in Racing & Tournaments
Bad Wool Racing will be there!
- Sweet! Driver & number? — G_ForceRacing
- Blackie Mutton, #98. — BadWoolRacing
- Cool thanks! — G_ForceRacing
Underdogs_Unleashed (U_U) would like to join. They'll send Blake, number 0
- Glad to have you in it! — G_ForceRacing
Feral MODS would like to join you. #34 Driver: Feral Patrick
- Sweet! — G_ForceRacing
- Would you consider any 50's - 70's Corvette as a sports car? How about the Ford Escort RS 2000? — FeralPatrick
- Yes, the Corvette was considered an American sports car. As much as I love the Escort it isn't really a sports car. So no on the Escort, yes on any 50's-70's Vettes. :) — G_ForceRacing
I'll put my name in
- Awesome bro' happy to have you! — G_ForceRacing
Mr. Darq from Dubious-Diecast in the 13 please
- Jammin' glad to have you bro'! — G_ForceRacing
SpyDude, checking in.
Aces High Racing, #86.
- nice to have you bro'! — G_ForceRacing
Mav Miles with Milestone Racing driving the number 8 wants a shot at this!
- Welcome, good luck! — G_ForceRacing
Lone Star is in. #34 Live Young Die-Cast
- Sweet! Glad you made it in! — G_ForceRacing
Ca$h Money In #0 Easton
- Nice to have you! But 0 is taken. — G_ForceRacing
Count me in...#37
- Sweet! Great to have the REAL Crazy Canuk in the race!! — G_ForceRacing
I'd like to take a crack at it
Driver name Bolo Brown
Team name Miniature Car Racing
- You're in! Glad to have you! Number? — G_ForceRacing
- 76 — Bolo_Brown
- Got it, and congrats to you on getting to the GTR finals bro'!! — G_ForceRacing
- Thanks Wonder how my car's gonna do I got some real hard competition — Bolo_Brown
- Yes a lot of heavy hitters.... but aren't you one? :) — G_ForceRacing
Bam Im in!