12/10 tournaments, recap and notes

redlinederby Saturday, 12/11/2010
Site manager

Well this weekend's tournaments just about kicked my ass. Some total surprises as far as I'm concerned and a few notes that everyone should be aware of.

The first thing is the ECTO-1 Ghostbusters car. It turned out this car could not race with the "gear" attached (the black plastic on the outside). It had to be removed before it could go down the track. The gear stuck out too far from the side of the car and got caught on the track joint walls. Thankfully the gear is intended to come off so it wasn't a big deal, but something you should know next time it's in a race.

Secondly...where did the 16 Angels come from? It's sat almost dormant since the league began and here it is blowing through the pack! No doubt its all-metal construction is helping but wow.

Another surprise to me was the Batmobile - the one with the big fin. It delivered until the final round. It's funny watching it because it's wider in front than the back, so as it goes down the track the rear end wiggles from side to side.

I have to say the VW GTI and the 1937 Ford Woody let me down. Based on the other Woody's performance I expected this truck to do good as well, but all for not. Gotta say the Ferrari Spider was a let down too. The Ferrari cars do pretty well overall and figured this one would fall in line...guess not.

Just lots of good, close racing in both of these tournaments. Winners this weekend should help make for an interesting championship next month.

Discussion

View member profile
slash288 12/12/10

I was robbed! the computer gods didnt want to give me any points on the basic math race! I submitted both races at work, and apparently I waited to long to submit while i was picking cars and it didnt register! would have been my best bracket yet! i had 16 angels winning even. had it going against the corolla though.

View member profile
redlinederby 12/12/10
Site manager

@Slash - Your bracket picks didn't get submitted? When did you submit them, was it before Saturday? Hmmm...but your Proving Ground IV submissions went through. Odd... Give me a DM with details and I'll investigate. Sorry!

Has anyone else had any problems submitting brackets? Typically if one has a problem it means it will affect others. If anyone did, please post or DM me. Thanks.

View member profile
slash288 12/12/10

Brian,

I am pretty sure it was on my end. I had the bracket up at work and was comparing cars between work, so i think i let it sit idle too long and the login timed out. When I submitted it made me sign in again, and I didnt go back and check to see if it had submitted correctly or not.

View member profile
redlinederby 12/13/10
Site manager

I'll check in the database to see if it's there. If it timed you out then your user ID number will be blank, so that will at least let me know that's really what happened or if it was something more. Thanks for the feedback...

to join the conversation or sign-up now