2012 Hot Ones runs 'record' 1/4mi time!

GspeedR Monday, 4/23/2012

That's right folks...it still buy "old school" HW performance today!

GspeedR

Discussion

View member profile
WorpeX 4/23/12

Yup, this car is definitely a quick one!

View member profile
GspeedR 4/23/12

Yup, this car is definitely a quick one!

I agree. I have one too and it absolutely dominates the Fat Track. Then again, mine is all doped up on "diecast steroids".....XLR8 graphite lube, that is.

There's a few long time hangers at the local Wal-Mart, looks like I'm gonna have to go pick one up!

What kind of track is that? Its like its skating down an ice covered track at times when it goes at an angle and doesnt lose any speed at all.

View member profile
GspeedR 4/23/12

Also worth mentioning here, if you watch the 1st run closely(slow-mo) you'll see how the GT Racer doesn't really get a clean run while setting the 2nd place time. The entire car oscillated from side-to-side throughout the run. DCR's single-lane black track appears to be slightly wider than std. orange track and exposes poorly tracking cars pretty well. I've watched a fair amount of DCR grudge videos and cars that oscillate heavily normally don't win races, let alone set records.

What kind of track is that? Its like its skating down an ice covered track at times when it goes at an angle and doesnt lose any speed at all.

I'm not sure what type of track DCR uses but I know that the coarse is electronically timed on a scale 1/4mi. As far as I know, the track is not @ a constant angle...it does flatten out briefly before the catch box. Perhaps the camera angle is deceiving?

And to be honest, I admire DCR for their real vintage metal on the track every now & then.

The entire car oscillated from side-to-side throughout the run.

It reminds me of when Funny cars lose traction and the drivers have to "peddle" the car down the track.

to join the conversation or sign-up now