2016 Pro Series: August, Hot Rod Jamboree

Monday, August 15th, 2016
redlinederby Thursday, 6/30/2016
Site manager

Jump to last page

http://img.redlinederby.com/src/28d83e68.jpg

Welcome to 2016 Pro Series Hot Rod Jamboree. This is the fourth of 6 tournaments that make up the 2016 Redline Derby Pro SeriesEntry is open to everyone. You do not have to have entrered a previous Pro Series tournament to qualify. The points earned in this tournament go towards each racer's Pro Series total. At the end of the year, the racer with the most total points in will be crowned champion.

This will be a standard, double-elimination bracket. The car that wins the final, wins this tournament. Points earned only go towards the Pro Series total, they do not determine the winner of this tournament. 

The next Pro Series tournament will be held in October.

Hot Rod Jamboree

There's no shortage of love around these parts for hot rods, so here you go. Dig out your Chevys, your Fords, your gassers and everything in between. The past few years have been light on pre-1960 cars in stores so you'll have to dig through your collection or check your vintage retailers.

Results

Congratulations to Voxxer Racing on another Pro Series tournament win. 

Rules & Restrictions

• Weight: 65g max
  • Car size: Max 3.25" long by 2" high. Width should fit on standard HW orange track.
  • Limit 1 cars per entrant
  • Any brand (See model limits below)
  • Retail wheels and axles only. Any axle type allowed.
  • Must be drilled rivets, no stock entries
  • Dry lubes only
  • Must be a new build. No previously raced cars.

Casting restrictions

The body of your car must be a pre-1960 real world model car. No fantasy cars or Mattel original designed cars. 

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6044/6267836521_5f1d0ec790.jpg

Prizes

The racer that wins this bracket will receive a $10 Amazon.com gift card (digital), plus a RLD Victory Sticker.

How to enter

Post a reply with your intention to enter, then ship your entry car so that it arrives before August 15, 2016. 

At this time, please PM the host, Geno "WizardOfOz", for his mailing address.

Please include an RLD Entry ID Card with your entry along with some money to cover the cost of returning your car if you want it back.

Scoring and Winning

This is a standard, double-elimination bracket. Each match-up will be best 2-out-3, alternating lanes. Seeding will be random as will any byes that are needed. The car that wins the bracket is champ. Points do not determine the winner of this tournament.

Pro Series points are +10 for every win in the main bracket. The tournament winner will receive +20 for the victory. There will be no points awarded for Loser Bracket wins.

Penalties

Cars will be inspected on arrival and checked for weight and other conditions. Any car that fails inspection will be removed from the tournament and returned to the owner.

Each car is given one do-over if they come off the track during a run. If goes off track a second time, it will forfeit that match.

Host Track

This tournament will be racing on Geno's track in Kansas. It is a 20-foot long, orange track with a WOO Starting gate and 3DBotMaker finish line. 

More details and track photos will be posted when they are made available.

Discussion

Page 1 of 2
View member profile
aircooled 6/30/16

I'm in for this race, looking forward to a new Mid-West track.

View member profile
redlinederby 6/30/16
Site manager

Given the Pro Series history...please review the rules and ask any questions now, sooner than later.

Hopefully the rules are straight forward enough this time. In general, make it look like a hot rod and you'll probably be okay.

Just to clarify one point, "Retail wheels and axles only. Any axle type allowed", means that FTE wheels and axles are allowed, but custom axles or wheels are not allowed, correct?

Just making sure :)

View member profile
RacerRoy81 7/5/16

Me and my daughter will be submitting our first car for this one.

View member profile
WizardofOZ 7/13/16

I just noticed I had given incorrect information on my raceway. It is a scale 1/4 mile. So it measures 20'5/8". 

I apologize if I cause anyone any additional work.

• No problem, thanks for the update. — aircooled

So if it is a model based on a real car that is pre-'60 it can be considered?  I almost exclusively buy vans and wagons.  I think I have a Nomad and Studebaker wagon that may be able to qualify.

View member profile
VoxxerRacing 7/26/16

Voxxer Racing will be developing pre - 1960 car for the race.   

View member profile
VoxxerRacing 7/28/16

Wizard of Oz 

Could you pls post info on track.   Height of starting gate.   Length of incline and straight.   Is transition at angle or slope.  Pics would be great.    Thx.  Voxxer Racing 

• Have we heard from Wizard with the info? — aircooled
View member profile
WizardofOZ 7/31/16

Sorry it's been a busy weekend. 

1.Starting gate height 38 inches.WOO Racing Flip up gate.

2. Incline length 6ft sloping with a super smooth transition.

3. 3Dbotmaker finish gate.  

I will try to get pics.

I've got a Ford F100 to enter for this, but it hasn't arrived in the mail yet.

to join the conversation or sign-up now