2020 RLDRL - January

Saturday, January 11th, 2020 View race results
LeagueofSpeed Sunday, 9/1/2019

Jump to last page

Welcome to the 2020 RLD Racing League! 12 races over 12 Months to determine the RLD Racing League Champion.

Racers must send in one car each month to the Host. Racers must race a different car each month, no re-entering the same car (stock or mod). Point's for each race will be cumulative. Racer with the most points after the December Race will be the 2020 Champion!!!!

Good Luck to All and Have Fun!!!!

Rules & restrictions

• Stock and modified entries allowed
  • 60g and 65g maximum weight
  • 3.25in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide
  • Limit 1 car per racer/team per Month 
  • Retail axles and wheels only....FTE aka Nickel Platted allowed
  • Dry lube only
  • Modified Cars must be 60g and Stock Cars can be 65g
  • Racers must send a different car in each month...1 car per Racer per Month
  • No Zoom In's allowed...stock or modified 
  • Field capped at 32 cars each month

Dates & deadlines

All entries must be received by the host on or before Thursday, 2/13/2020. Racing is scheduled for Saturday, 2/15/2020. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.

How to enter

Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address.

Include $5.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back. Entries not getting returned will be given to the winner as part of the prize.

Please print and include a Race ID slip with your entry

Prizes

Trophy and the Associated Glory of being the RLD Racing Season Champion

Track

Races will be run on the Quest Speedway track.

Race format and scoring

This will be a single-elimination tournament. A car will move on in the bracket only when it wins two races in a row. Cars will alternate lanes between each race.

If the cars are tied 4 to 4 after 8 races...Host will flip a coin to see if the cars stay in the same lanes as race 8 or switch lanes for the 9th aka tie-breaking race.

The car that wins the final race will be declared the winner. Race host has final decision in all races.

Bracket seeding will be random and in accordance to the number of cars sent in that Month.

Please let me know who would like to host a race...I'll Host 3 times...so need 9 more tracks/host to round out the 2020 Season.

Penalties/DNF

Cars are given a grace of 1g over the stated weight limit to account for variance in scales.

If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify for tournament prizes.

Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be repaired before the tournament. Cars that break during the tournament will not be repaired or replaced.

Discussion

Page 1 of 3

Okay...4 months to test your fleet of fast Stocks or build a point getting machine!!! Good Luck and Have Fun!!!

View member profile
redlinederby 9/1/19
Site manager

So just to clarify...we’re sending all 12 cars in once and then they get shipped around in bulk...?

Or we sending individual cars one-off to each track?

Each month a Racer sends in one(1) car to that month's host...so one-off to each track monthly.

Sounds like fun! I should be back up and running fairly soon, so I should be able to do some hosting for you.

I am new to this and was wanting to make sure on the rules. Are axle tubes allowed in modified class, can I fabricate a base ? Just have to use stock axles and wheels and keep weight 60 grams or under?

thanks 

bob

• All legal if you're sending in a modified car...no Zoom In bases — LeagueofSpeed

Also, keep in mind (see rules) that the field is capped at 32 cars each month as to not overload the Host. So, racers will have to send in a fast car each month and remember to register for each race...and the Legion of Speed will be taking 4 spots each month...gotta be fast and gotta race consistently for 12 months to take the crown.

Peace and Speed - League of Speed

This will be the League of Speed's entry in January...bring it up 5g to 60g and install a smooth FTE package 

View member profile
redlinederby 9/5/19
Site manager

Do the hosts get to set a theme for their race, or is each month always an “any” car within specs? 

• Any car within specs...should make it easier for everyone to get involved — LeagueofSpeed
  • Agreed. Just checking — redlinederby
View member profile
LeagueofSpeed 10/20/19

January Race-Quest Speedway

32 car max...1 car per Racer

1 - Lady of Speed 

2 - Speed Force 

3 - Speedzilla 

4 - League of Speed 

5 - Outlaw Racing 

6- Savage Speeder 

7 - Traction Event

8- Red Pill Racing 

View member profile
Traction-Event 11/30/19

so... the 55-57 chevy race is not part of the year long series? 

View member profile
ChiefWopahoo 12/4/19
2020 Rated Rookie

Sounds fun!  

As I understand it's 1 car per racer for each race, and the points accumulate? So it's best to pick either stock or modifed and run the entire season in that particular class?

• It has to be a different car each month and stocks will be racing modified...no separate classes/divisions — LeagueofSpeed
  • Alrighty. Thanks. — ChiefWopahoo

If you race all 12 months...you will send in a different/new car each month...a car can only be raced once all year...so choose wisely each month.

to join the conversation or sign-up now