24 Seconds of Lemons

Thursday, April 1st, 2021
Hosted by Formula Diecast Racing
Formula_Diecast_Racing Wednesday, 2/24/2021

Jump to last page

You’ve heard of the 24 Hours of Le Mans where the worlds fastest racecars compete for 24 hours to see who can go the farthest the fastest.

Well, for April Fools Day, we are going to race our slowest cars! The slowest car to make it across the finish line wins! So break out the rubber tires forget the graphite, and put those cars on a diet! But don’t make them too slow or they may not reach the finish line and receive a DNF (Did Not Finish) for their time!

NOTE: The first180 turn to the right is the hardest point to get past. Low speed speed cars have difficulty making it around that turn. 

Rules & restrictions

• Stock and modified entries allowed
  • 50g maximum weight
  • 3.25in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide
  • Limit 2 entries per household/race team
  • Any wheel and axles allowed.
  • Only dry lube allowed.
  • No rude, crude, or controversial images or words allowed on car
  • No fantasy castings please
  • One driver name per car
  • Please list your team name on the entry form

Dates & deadlines

All entries must be received by the host before Thursday, 3/25/2021. Racing is scheduled for Thursday, 4/1/2021. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.

How to enter

Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.

Include at least $5.00+ for return shipping if you want your entries back.

Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry

Track

Racing will be on the Devil’s Backbone Raceway. View track profile and specs

Race format and scoring

Each car will have 3 attempts to cross the finish line with the slowest time.

All cars will start and run in the same side of the starting gate and first section of track.

The car that posts the slowest time will be declared the winner. Race host has final decision in all races.

Bracket seeding will be random.

Penalties/DNF

Cars are given a grace of 1g over the stated weight limit to account for variance in scales.

If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify for victory. Offending cars will still race. Finish position and any prize will go to the runner-up in the case of the penalty car winning.

Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their runs. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will not be repaired or replaced.

Prizes

To be determined.

Groupings

Group 1
Momma G
Flo Rennet
Sam Haul
Super Kat
Diego Roman
Fractal Panda
Spy Dude

Group 2
Scooter Roundwell
Fletch
R-Lo
Pop Pop
Sawyer
James Elliott
DJ Loseagain

Group 3
Daddy G
Peregrine
Rowan
A Bear
K.J.
Capper Deluxe
Jimmy

Group 4
Fat Finger 5
Maurine
Sebastian Roman
Gray Wizard
sub for 1.
Noah
MadTinker

Group 5
Uncle Joe
Lucas
Uncle Joe
MadTinker

Discussion

Page 1 of 2
View member profile
RLoRacing 2/24/21

The way I've been doing as of late, I'll prob "win" if send one of my fastest modded cars 

• Well here’s your chance then! — Formula_Diecast_Racing
  • UPDATE NOTE: The first180 turn to the right is the hardest point to get past. Low speed speed cars have difficulty making it around that turn. — Formula_Diecast_Racing
View member profile
SpyDude 2/25/21

I have ideas ...... I just don't know if I can get them built in time. But I think a 'Lemons' race is going to be quite the riot.

• I sure hope so! I think it’ll be a challenge to make a slow car that can still make it to the finish line — Formula_Diecast_Racing
  • No need to build, just bring forth your slowest but most capable stock one — RLoRacing
  • UPDATE NOTE: The first180 turn to the right is the hardest point to get past. Low speed speed cars have difficulty making it around that turn. — Formula_Diecast_Racing

What a fun idea!  I'm totally in for two! 

I'm assuming that fantasy castings are OK since you didn't specify it had to look like a real car. 

• I forgot to mention that. Yeah no fantasy castings please. — Formula_Diecast_Racing
View member profile
Coopdevil 2/25/21

I'm wondering if some of the cheapo off-brand diecasts might be a better idea for a car than a HW or MBX...

• Interesting thought. They’ll need to fit the size restrictions. — Formula_Diecast_Racing
View member profile
RLoRacing 2/25/21

So I know no fantasy, does that mean production cars only or is it acceptable for something that resembles an actual production car?

• If it resembles an actual car then yoy are good. Bone Shakers and Mod Rods are good. — Formula_Diecast_Racing
  • BoneShaker is a real car, so no worries there. — SpyDude

I'll hopefully send in two cars, got one that I've swapped real riders onto to slow it down.

packaged up my Entry today it will be fun to race slowly against my Buddy Fractal_Panda

View member profile
SpyDude 3/7/21

-checks to see if I still have that car with square wheels..... nope, darn it-

I'm going to see if I can get something rolling for this event.  No guarantees, but it does sound like fun.

View member profile
SpyDude 3/9/21

Would a tooned car (such as the Chevelle or the Impala) be possible, or are we only going for more-or-less realistic cars?

Can't believe how much i'm looking forward to this one

View member profile
SpyDude 4/1/21

When does it go live? Been waiting to see all the slow cars running.

Any updates?

• Yes, I was wondering the same. When do we get to see everyone’s lemons? — SpyDude

to join the conversation or sign-up now