'34 Packard sedan... now a '31 Lincoln touring car

model40fan Monday, 3/9/2015

The stocker '34 Packard ;

The Packard body with the upper B pillars removed,  roof and rear quarter reveals removed, rear quarters filed to resemble touring car's roof ;

The "Hot Rod Lincoln" tourer mock-up ;

Going to trim a tad more out from under the now Lincoln's grill...

Discussion

View member profile
Rusty 3/10/15

Great looking build Smitty!!

• thanks guys... beats gettin' a job ! — model40fan
View member profile
CrzyTrkrDude 3/10/15

Is it just me, or is that a 5 part car?( not counting wheels and axles) I don't think I've ever seen more than 4 parts before. ( found a couple hidden rivets, but not a 5 PC set up.)

I like that simple chrome little grill. LOL.

NICE BUILD !! Whatcha gonna paint it? 

Any color you want, as long as it's.......

View member profile
redlinederby 3/10/15
Site manager

Those old Daddy Warbucks cars are far from a favorite style of mine but when you strip it down and remove that running boards, it looks pretty awesome. Definitely something I'd expect to see running rum and outrunning the fuzz.

View member profile
model40fan 3/10/15

yup, well 6 pcs... A-ok's fuel cell,  grill 's a metal '32 Vicky, '41 willys blower scoop, way 2 fast base w/ a piece of the rear of way 2 fast's roof as a front bumper and the "Lincoln" body... once built a racer from 8 different hot wheels cars...

thinking white top over a red body, [already tried once, pulled off some of the white]...  back at it...

but... this rascal is being glued to the 2.029 sec. WV. track record holding base...

• use the green frog tape. press it down real good on the edge — CrzyTrkrDude
  • I had no trouble with it. and only let the black set for 1 hour before tapeing for the pink on that chevelle for my wife. — CrzyTrkrDude
  • used green frog tape... pulled the white engine paint... — model40fan
  • dang. sorry to hear it didn't work well. — CrzyTrkrDude
View member profile
model40fan 3/10/15

"American Baron"...

[1] Sooo Fast base,

[2] Sweet 16 II rear wheels, [rear].

[3] same, but narrowed as fronts,

[4] '34 Coupe/ lights & grill,

[5] '40 Ford pick up mill,

[6] Red Baron body,

[7] Bone Shaker seats,

[8]  rear mounted A-ok fuel cell  ;

• you ? an... "Red White and Blue Baron" ?? lol — CrzyTrkrDude
  • complete with wounded rear fender. — model40fan
  • ( should read... " You mean Red....". typo error) — CrzyTrkrDude
View member profile
CrzyTrkrDude 3/10/15

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah305/CrzyTrkrDude/IMG_20150310_215244_zpsz4x5i08o.jpg

Not perfect, but not bad. I was surprised it left the black on actually, since the gloss black was the 99 cent cheapo Walmart stuff painted on to a roughed up factory white chevelle painted an hour before tapeing.  Not stripped clean like the Lincoln body. Perhaps that was it? 

• might not have the body completely prepped ... — model40fan
View member profile
model40fan 3/11/15

gotta re-strip and re-paint ;

hot... rod... linkn'

View member profile
model40fan 3/11/15

Son don't ya' know ya gonna drive me ta drinkin'... if ya don't stop drivin' that ....  HOT... ROD ... LINCOLN ;

106.5 grams of Henry's Hot Rod Lincoln... I got my DCRL 1/4 Mile track pass to GO with it...

• Sharpie black top... Deep Purple body... — model40fan
  • same purple as that Chevy?? NIIIIICE!! — CrzyTrkrDude
  • yup, chebbie was purple over white, the linkn' is purple over black... — model40fan
  • somehow I knew it would be purple! but the red looked good too. — CrzyTrkrDude
  • Go Smitty Go! — KandORacing
View member profile
CrzyTrkrDude 3/11/15

GOOD LUCK BROTHER!!

to join the conversation or sign-up now