'55 BEL-AIR GASSER BASH ! CARS BY SEPT 18TH

model40fan Wednesday, 7/10/2013

GOT A HEADS UP FROM THE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS AT "KINGCUDA INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY"...
THEIR NEXT FEATURE RACE WILL BE FUNNYCARS ON ...SEPT ??...
THE ONLY ENTRANT FOR THE 2OZ. EVENT WILL BE THE VENERABLE '55 BEL-AIR GASSER...
RACERS MUST BE 57 GRAMS / 2 OZ. MAX...
MUST RETAIN STOCK BASES...
WHEEL SWAPS OK...
INTERIOR AND GLASS OPTIONAL...
...CARS BY SEPTEMBER 18TH...
MUST INCLUDE RE-TURN POSTAGE $... [ NO PERSONAL CHECKS PLEASE]
. .
...SO, WHAT DO YOU THINK GUYS... A RDR RACERS ROAD TRIP...CARL KNOWS THE WAY...
MAYBE WE CAN ALL [MOST OF US] ENTER A '55 GASSER ....
NOT ALL OF US ARE MODDERS,
MAYBE SPEEDR, FOTF AND GOOD OL' "STOCKER STOCKTON" CAN GRAB A FAVORITE, TOSS IN SOME WEIGHT, DAB ON A LITTLE GRAFFITE AND ROCK THE FIELD' ....EDITED...

Discussion

View member profile
EconoCarl 7/10/13

Good idear Schmitty!
The Gasser race is the prelim with the Funny Cars being the FEATURE.

Here's the link (for HWC members):
http://forums.hotwheelscollectors.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&f=55210875&m=6611019038&r=6611019038#6611019038

Below is a cut-n-paste for those that can't get to it:

I try to keep the rules/guidelines as simple as possible to make the builds as easy as possible yet still produce some really great competition and racing for everyone to enjoy.

We have been running for several years now here at KIR and we have several regular builders/racers that can tell you the racing is FUN and enjoyable for everyone so if you have the desire to test your building skills against some of the best in the world, this is the event for you!!!! The racing will be fast and furious with some really great castings that will produce some of the best diecast racing in the world so I would like to invite you to give it a try.

Good luck to all those that enter and we will see you all during race week for photo ops, qualifying and such, then on race day when the action gets hot and heavy to crown the winners in both classes!!!

POINTS SYSTEM
- 2pts per casting that qualifies and makes the event. MAXIMUM is 3 cars per team that you can earn points for in each class.
--if you enter 3 cars in the 2oz and 3 cars in the 4oz, you get 6pts total for 2oz and 6pts total for 4oz. This is a TEAM points concept. So you can or could get 6pts just for having 3 cars make the field!!!

- 10pts for a round win
--it's simple, beat your opponent in any round and you get 10pts

- 2pts for best ET/SPEED of the round
--have the best run of the round and you get 2pts, somebody will get these 2pts for every round

You do not have to enter all the races or all the classes but the more you enter the better your chances are at being crowned a class CHAMP at the end of the year.

Some rules/guidelines may need to be tweaked as we go and I reserve the right to make any changes at anytime when or where they are needed but I will let everyone know ASAP so as not to interfere with building cars or we may change/extend when the event will take place and when cars need to be here.

Good luck everyone and see you all in September!!!

Rick Ways
Track Owner and Operator of Kingcuda International Raceway(KIR) for the 2013 HotWheels Racing Series(HWRS)

View member profile
K_Harvest 7/12/13

I Entered The Last One AnD Will Enter This One. Sounds Good.

View member profile
KandORacing 8/6/13

I'm entering 3 Funny Cars and 2 55 Chevy Bel-Air Gassers.
Is anybody going to build roll cages in their 55 Chevys? I know I'm going to.

View member profile
model40fan 8/6/13

yup ! Diecast Cars, Hot Wheels, Matchbox

View member profile
KandORacing 8/6/13

Cool! The White one is my favorite. How did you make the Contingency stickers for it? And how much do they weigh?

View member profile
model40fan 8/7/13

ditto on "whitey" ....as far as the stickers weight ???.... pm me your address, and i'll send you a sticker card...Diecast Cars, Hot Wheels, Matchbox

View member profile
KandORacing 8/7/13

Oops! I meant to ask you how much the cars themselves weigh. I'm going to try and see if I can make some stickers for mine myself, but thanks for the offer though!

Good luck in the race

-Keith

to join the conversation or sign-up now