6 lane raceway is back, TRU exclusive

Traction-Event Thursday, 12/4/2014

heads up from Markaz = Racegrooves. I still think its $$$$ for what you get, but it is in high demand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv0xPLM7R6Y

Discussion

View member profile
redlinederby 12/5/14
Site manager

I know it wasn't $100 in its last incarnation...I think it was like $60-$75 or so. I believe that because I considered getting one just for the finish line, and I know I wouldn't have considered $100.

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/race-tracks-play-sets/hot-wheels-super-6-lane-raceway-bht56-37611666

I understand reselling and stuff...let em live...but that resale price is crazy if it's up beyond $200, hell, even $100 is a lot in the first place. It is a hell of toy but geez...

Of course, I also hate it when people buy things (namely toys) with the sole intent of reselling. But that's collecting now, I guess. It's not for the love of the toy but for the love of money.

But in the immortal words of Obi Wan Kenobi - "Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

View member profile
model40fan 12/15/14

I got a 6 lane raceway finish line on ebay a few years back for $25.00...

the day before the masses realized they were made of unobtainium...

View member profile
iowastockcars 12/15/14

Saw this is on sell in their ad for $50.00--limit of two.

I remember when they dropped to $25 as well last time at the stores after Christmas.

View member profile
redlinederby 12/19/14
Site manager

On sale?! Awesome...totally worth $50 but when I try to ship to store the TRU web site doesn't let me pick a store!! WTF? How can a store not accept deliveries from their own warehouse? Dammit...

So after talking with TRU customer service, it seems Ohio is some sort of shipping black hole. The track isn't available for ship-to-home and every TRU within a 50-mile radius doesn't offer ship-to-store. Still weird but oh well...back to the drawing board.

I'll keep an eye out after Christmas too...

• maybe they ship to store in Dayton? road trip!! — CrzyTrkrDude
View member profile
model40fan 12/19/14

If you get a deal, they are worth that price for the starter and more so the finish line alone...

IMO - The track itself has some folding section gap issues and my known fast racers don't seem to perform very well on these tracks... great for road trips,  your group or racing with a bunch of kids...  

I used to race, then walk away and let the kids play with this set... but seeing what the finish line is going for I may re-think that one...

• I was gonna get it just for the finish line. — redlinederby
to join the conversation or sign-up now