This is an ongoing street race tournament, where the cars compete to get onto the top 10 list, then try to fight their way to the top. The cars are to be a rat rod style (preferably old muscle car style) NOT full on gaslands or Mad Max style.
There are only limited opportunities to get on the list - entry calls are made every 3 months and there is a maximum of 16 entries each time. You are only allowed one car in the series and you must have built the car yourself to be eligible, no multiple entries allowed.
Rules & restrictions
- Modified entries only
- 50g maximum weight
- 3.25in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide
- Limit 1 entry per household
- Any wheel/tire combo allowed as long as the car still looks realistic, no fantasy wheels
- Wet or dry as long as nothing is leaking
- Rat rod style, no fantasy cars, must look realistic
- Cars are not returned. At the end of the season (every 6 months), all cars not currently on the list will race in a pink slip race, with the winner taking all cars
- You must submit photos of your vehicle to the Chaos Canyon forum for consideration. If there are more than 16 total entries, then members of our FB group will get to vote on which cars they want to see. Mail in address details are only given to those that make the cut
- No controversial symbols or slogans of any kind. The focus should be on the racing not controversy.
- For the full rules, go to this forum www.chaoscanyon.online/forum/general-discussions/canyon-outlaws-driver-call
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Friday, 1/1/2021. Racing is scheduled for Friday, 1/8/2021. Race videos will be released each week, the qualifying will take place over a couple of weeks then there will be regular racing outside of that as well.
How to enter
Submit photos of the car you want to send to the Driver call forum here www.chaoscanyon.online/forum/general-discussions/canyon-outlaws-driver-call If we get more than 16 entries the FB group members will get to vote on who they want to see at the tournament. To be eligible, your car must fit the criteria in the rules otherwise so please read them thoroughly and if you have questions let us know. We reserve the right to veto any entry that we don't feel fits the criteria.
Entries do not get returned. They will be raced for up to 6 months and if not on the list at that time, they will be given to the winner of the special pink slips race as the prize.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry Please make sure to put the name of your car (not the make or model but the nickname for it)
Racing will be on the Chaos Canyon 2.0. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
There is already an established order on the list and new cars compete in a four car race for points (alternating start positions each race for four races) then the two top scorers of that race move on to challenge the other winners and so on till we have one overall winner left. They then get to challenge for the 10th spot on the list.
The list race is a one and done format. There are list races every week and even those that don't make the list, will have other races with their vehicles in so you will get to see your car race more than just once.
Here is a link to the rules video and the intro to the current list cars so you can see what we're going for www.youtube.com/watch?v=dStqOQir-Vg
Here is the video of the first round of racing, deciding the list positions - the first four races are list race format but were just callouts and had no bearing on the positions (this is the sort of thing your cars will be used for if not on the list) www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl9kWuwQmUg
Here's the playlist for the whole series too
Cars are given a grace of 1g over the stated weight limit to account for variance in scales.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify for entry.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will not be repaired or replaced.
If you have any questions, just ask