The next tournament at the Pacific Rim Speedway will be Cars of Legends sponsored by Kenny's Kebabs! This is a mail-in tournament for 1/64 scale diecast cars of your favorite legends as an adult or child. Cars must officially licensed Character Cars from Hot Wheels. Detailed rules below*
The winner will move on to the "KING OF MONSTERS" tournament at the end of the season.
Rules & restrictions
- Modified entries only.
- 60g maximum weight. All added weight must be concealed inside the body. There is no weight allowance. 60.0g is the maximum. No exceptions.
- 3.25in. long x 1.75in. tall x 1.25in. wide. Should fit within Hot Wheels black flat track, which is a little more narrower than standard orange flat track.
- Retail axles and plastic wheels only. NPA allowed. Polishing axles allowed. FTE allowed. Wheel swaps allowed. No rubber wheels.
- Chassis must match the vehicle. No frankenstein mash-ups, stretching, or chopping. Enlarging fender wells is not allowed.
- Body CANNOT be modified. The body must remain in its original and new condition as when removed from the package.
- Additional decals, markings, and custom paint is NOT allowed.
- Dry lube only. Do not over apply graphite that causes a bunch of graphite to fall out when I open your package.
- Entry MUST be an officially licensed Hot Wheels 1/64 scale Character Car. Official list of allowed cars can be found here on Hot Wheels Fandom - Character Cars page. We recommend you avoid castings that are really tall, have capes, or have parts of the body that extend wider than the wheels. If your car gets stuck in the start gate or does not clear the lowest gate of 1.75in, your car will not be allowed to race.
- Limit 1 entries per household. Limit 1 entry per race team. This is to ensure fair representation.
- Limit 1 unique casting. There will be NO duplicates! You must post a picture of the car you will use. Once a specific casting is claimed, no one else can choose an identical casting. You will NOT be added to the roster until you post a picture of the car you will enter plus your driver name and team name.
- Only one car per character. For example, once Batman is claimed, no other versions of Batman or Batmobile will be allowed to enter.
- No offensive graphics or markings. I reserve the right to DQ any vehicle that is offensive or not family friendly.
- If you miss the deadline, your car will not be entered. Please be respectful of my time and get your entry shipped out on time.
- No proxy sign-ups allowed. You cannot sign-up anyone other than yourself.
- If you signed up for a previous race hosted by Monster Motorsports, and you are a no show with zero communication prior to the deadline, you will be removed from the current race as well as any future races you have signed up for that are hosted by Monster Motorsports. You will also be replaced with an alternate entry. If you get in touch with me after the deadline and communicate, it is up to my discretion to allow entry into future races. Life happens. I just ask that you communicate.
- You MUST post in this thread to confirm your place on the roster with a picture of your car, driver name, and team name. You are confirmed once you receive my reply regarding your race status.
- When in doubt, or have a question, send me a message here on Redline Derby.
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Monday, 9/26/2022. Racing is scheduled for Sunday, 10/2/2022. If you do not make the deadline, your car will not race. No exceptions will be made. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
Do NOT send money with your entry. I will ship cars back to their owners at the end of December during the Christmas break for those builders that contact me and ask me to send them back. I will tell you the shipping cost when you cost when you contact me. Please do not ask me to send your cars back earlier than December. Many of the participants enter multiple tournaments. So it is easier to send back as a group in one package.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Racing will be on the Pacific Rim Speedway - Monster Motorsports. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
Races will be running in a standard 16-car bracket with 4 cars participating in each race. The top 2 cars from each race will advance to the next round through to the semi-finals. Bracket seeding will be random. Race host has final decision in all races.
Cars will score points based on how they finish each lap:
1st Place - 5 points
2nd Place - 3 points
3rd place - 2 points
4th Place - 1 point
DNF - 0 points
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, I will contact the owner to discuss options to make the car meet all restrictions. If a compromise that is fair and within restrictions cannot be met, the car will be returned to the owner.
All entries received will be given two test runs (one run in each lane) to ensure it can finish the course of the track without any issues. Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, will forfeit their participation. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. If cars that break during racing, I will reach out to the owner to work out a solution if possible. Cars that are glued together have come apart in the past due to big crashes on the track. I cannot enforce the use of screws, but it is highly encouraged because they can easily be replaced or opened to help fix any performance issues.
1. Golden Owl Racing - Marvel Scarlet Witch - RECEIVED
2. PWC Racing - Disney Mickey Mouse - RECEIVED
3. Idiot Luggage - Disney Robin Hood - RECEIVED
4. Rust Belt Racing - Disney Geenie - RECEIVED
5. Dubious Diecast - Marvel Black Widow - RECEIVED
6. White Nuckle Motoring Speed Shop - Disney Sully (Monsters, Inc.) - RECEIVED
7. R-Lo Racing - Star Wars Boba Fett - RECEIVED
8. Team DRT3K - Super Mario Luigi - RECEIVED
9. G4 Diecast Racing - Star Wars Sithtrooper - RECEIVED
10. Burnout Peak DRL - DC Batman Rebirth - RECEIVED
11. Indiana Diecast Racing - Masters of the Universe Skeletor - RECEIVED
12. epVideos - Disney Buzz Lightyear - RECEIVED
13. Numbskull Racing - DC Robin - RECEIVED
14. Uncle Elvis Racing - Masters of the Universe He-Man - RECEIVED
15. 2K Racing - Star Wars Fennec Shand - RECEIVED
16. Nick Deavers Racing - Disney Sally (Nightmare Before Christmas) - RECEIVED
17. Ragtag Diecast Racing - SpongeBob Hot Rod - RECEIVED
18. Vapor Racing - Star Wars Darth Vader - RECEIVED
19. Learnector Racing - Marvel Shang-Chi - RECEIVED
20. Down Squad Racing - DC Wonder Woman - RECEIVED
21. Blue Line Racing - DC Two Face - RECEIVED
22. Endcount - Marvel Captain America - RECEIVED
23. Bay City Diecast Racing - Masters of the Universe Teela - RECEIVED
24. MQH Racing - Disney Donald Duck - RECEIVED
25. Tiny Track Cars - Marvel Daredevil - RECEIVED
26. Man Child Motorsports - DC Selina Kyle - RECEIVED
27. Hot Nuts Diecast - Looney Tunes Road Runner
28. Aces High Racing - Disney Elsa - RECEIVED
29. Lily's Boneyard - Disney Cheshire Cat - RECEIVED
31. Grumpy Cloud Racing - Star Wars Darth Maul - RECEIVED
32. Ra Sungod Racing - Star Wars Luke Skywalker - RECEIVED
1. Gen-X Vintage Racing - Looney Tunes Bugs Bunny (Space Jam) - Drop By Request
2. Mad Mike's Custom Garage - Minecraft Zombie - Drop by Request
3. Puff's Racing - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Michaelangelo - Drop By Request
4. Bongo Motorsports - Jurassic World Gigantosaurus - No Show