I'd love to know what everyone thinks about circuit races, real feedback. No need to take the high road or feel like a jerk to be critical of them. I'd really like to know your thoughts on them. I am considering a 64 car circuit tournament that would include some of the best drag tracks in the country if it's something there is a demand for. There are pros and cons for sure. Let's consider them.
- You mail your car once and it races 6-8 different times for one cost
- You only have to build one car to race most of the season
- You get valuable feedback on what you're car can do at different tracks for future race consideration.
- You can test the durability of your builds over time
- Hosts get a chance to promote their tracks and tournament styles to a larger audience
- If your car sucks it can be a painful year. Trust me I know, I've been there.
- No chance to rework or tune up what started as a good car that seems to have lost a step along the way.
- They take a long time to complete. I'm thinking a 64 car tournament at 6-8 tracks will take every bit of 12 months
- By race 3-4 the top 4-6 cars that have a legit chance have been already determined.
Your feed back here, lack of feedback and/or enthusiasm will have a huge impact on whether I and maybe some other hosts would be willing to go through with this so please be candid. Also understand we won't be able to make everyone happy but if I see a trend of ideas that seem popular I will seriously take them under consideration provided they are feasible fiscally and time allows.
No need to comment that you would only participate if a track was tested. For any tournament I run it would only be with tire tested tracks and it's hard to have a bad track when it comes to drag racing BUT, I am considering including a fat track or two in the circuit so please give your feelings on whether that is something you'd like to see or not also. Thanks for your time.