Power house coupes come together for an epic showdown to see who car build the best Dodge Viper in this 1/64 scale diecast racing tournament, known as Coupe-A-Cabana: Viper Edition! We carry-on the tradition of coupe-only cars for this tournament, but we are narrowing down the field to only allow Dodge Vipers. See rules for specific castings allowed*
This race will host a 32-car field, which will be conducted in two 16-car brackets. Races will air on the Monster Motorsports Diecast Racing YouTube channel.
The winner will move on and compete in the end-of-season "King of Monsters" championship race!
Rules & restrictions
- Modified entries only.
- Limit 1 entries per household. Limit 1 entry per race team. This is to ensure fair representation.
- 60g maximum weight. All added weight must be concealed inside the body. There is no weight allowance. 60.0g is the maximum. No exceptions.
- 3.25in. long x 1.75in. tall x 1.25in. wide. Should fit within Hot Wheels black flat track, which is a little more narrower than standard orange flat track.
- Retail axles and plastic wheels only. NPA allowed. Polishing axles allowed. Wheel swaps allowed. FTE wheels allowed. No rubber wheels. No colored wheels (must be black).
- Hogging out/enlarging fenders is not allowed. This technique is related to builders wanting to install larger diameter wheels. Stick with the stock wheel size that is meant for the casting chosen.
- Dry lube only. Do not over apply graphite that causes a bunch of graphite to fall out when I open your package.
- Must be a replica of a real Dodge Viper. Any real model of a Dodge Viper is allowed. No fantasy castings. No "Tooned" versions. Any toy brand is allowed (Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Johnny Lightning, etc.).
- Painted driver figure affixed to the driver seat is required for any open cockpit convertible Viper. No additional add-ons allowed. Painted drivers inside fully enclosed cockpits is optional.
- The body must have a custom paint scheme. Do not just draw things on the stock paint with a sharpie or paint brush. Full custom paint job is encouraged, but removing stock tampos and adding custom waterslide decals over factory paint is allowed.
- Windows and windshield must remain installed with your entry. Windows may be painted to match the color scheme of the body. However, plastic windows are still required.
- NO moving parts allowed, such as hoods, doors, trunks, etc. All moving parts MUST be glued down.
- The car may have been raced at another track. However, the car needs to look like a completely different car with a face lift (repaint the body and swap out waterslides as a minimum).
- No offensive graphics or markings. No General Lee. No pornography logos. I reserve the right to DQ any vehicle that is offensive or not family friendly.
- If you miss the deadline, your car will not be entered. Please be respectful of my time and get your entry shipped out on time.
- No proxy sign-ups allowed. You cannot sign-up anyone other than yourself.
- If you signed up for a previous race hosted by Monster Motorsports, and you are a no show with zero communication prior to the deadline, you will be removed from the current race as well as any future races you have signed up for that are hosted by Monster Motorsports. You will also be replaced with an alternate entry. If you get in touch with me after the deadline and communicate, it is up to my discretion to allow entry into future races. Life happens. I just ask that you communicate.
- You MUST post in this thread in the comments below to confirm your place on the roster. You are confirmed once you receive my reply regarding your race status.
- When in doubt, or have a question, send me a message here on Redline Derby.
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Friday, 2/3/2023. Racing is scheduled for Saturday, 3/4/2023. If you do not make the deadline, your car will not race. No exceptions will be made. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
Do NOT send money with your entry. I will ship cars back to their owners at the end of December 2023 during the Christmas break for those builders that contact me and ask me to send them back. I will tell you the shipping cost when you contact me. Please do not ask me to send your cars back earlier than December 2023. Many of the participants enter multiple tournaments. So it is easier to send back as a group in one package.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Racing will be on the Pacific Rim Speedway - Monster Motorsports. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
Races will be running in a standard 16-car bracket with 4 cars participating in each race. The top 2 cars from each race will advance to the next round through to the semi-finals. Bracket seeding will be random. Race host has final decision in all races.
Cars will score points based on how they finish each lap:
1st Place - 5 points
2nd Place - 3 points
3rd place - 2 points
4th Place - 1 point
DNF - 0 points
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, I will contact the owner to discuss options to make the car meet all restrictions. If a compromise that is fair and within restrictions cannot be met, the car will be returned to the owner.
All entries received will be given two test runs (one run in each lane) to ensure it can finish the course of the track without any issues. Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, will forfeit their participation. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. If cars that break during racing, I will reach out to the owner to work out a solution if possible. Cars that are glued together have come apart in the past due to big crashes on the track. I cannot enforce the use of screws, but it is highly encouraged because they can easily be replaced or opened to help fix any performance issues.
1. Golden Owl Racing
2. PWC Racing
3. Doc's Speed Shop
4. Rust Belt Racing
5. Flat Rabbit Racing Club
6. R-Lo Racing
7. Dubious Diecast
8. Team DRT3K
9. Manchild Motorsports
10. Bay City Diecast Racing
11. Ra Sungod Racing
12. Vapor Racing
13. FUMO Diecast Racing
14. The Eh Team
15. Burnout Peak DRL
16. 2K Racing
17. Puffs Racing
18. Indiana Diecast Racing
19. Cyrano Buckminster
20. Fractal Panda
22. Live Young Die-Cast
24. Lily's Boneyard
25. Schotty's Diecast
26. MQH Racing
27. Karmic Racing
28. Down Squad Racing
29. Learnector Racing
30. Bent Rod Racing
31. Iron Beard Customs
1. Roadrage Racing
2. Uncle Elvis Racing
3. Crazy Eights
4. Aces High Racing
5. Numbskull Racing
1. Idiot Luggage drop by request
2. Blue Line Racing drop by request (alternate)