Hot Wheels Easter Eggs
Current MBX casting. It has an entire interior that you cannot see unless you crack it open
- Several cars are like that - blacked-out windows but full interiors. — SpyDude
- Super cool car — RoadRunnerRacewayFan
Found the Matchbox Divco truck has a few milk bottles in crates along with an elephant stamped on the fuel tank.
- Most all of the recent MBX castings have the elephant. Not sure if it is a nod to the country of manufacturing, designer, or what — Uncle_Elvis
- I have the elephant on three of my MBX cars. — Offroadfun2468
- The elephant looks like the logo of the Simba Dickie group, a huge Toy Manufacturer. Just an educated guess ... — MarkRich21
Yeah, ive heard about the doctors porsche, the other ones were new to me.
Opening my eyes a little more. I see these things and i think that they are "stock", perhaps they arent.
- Negative Ghost Rider — KPS_Kustomz
- I have the doctor's Porsche. It's a '89 Porsche 944 turbo. — GT_Diecast
The MBX Austin Mini van (currently as a 'candy' set - its the Junior Mints car) has a spare tire, jack stands, and a rolling jack in the cargo area.
- Awesome, so its "jacked" n ready to roll! — KPS_Kustomz
It's really neat to find these things. Hiding behind the blacked out windows of the 2018 Renault Express van is an RC airplane and radio controller.
- That is freaking awesome — KPS_Kustomz
- Okay, now THAT'S cool. Has to be one of the best things we've seen so far. — SpyDude
The new GTO drag casting has a hidden motor
Just found out something interesting:
One of the Easter eggs is a Porsche 944 with a stethoscope on the rear seat [visible through the rear glass]. The Hot Wheels designer put it in the car as a nod to the doctor who owned one and took care of him during his battle with cancer. They became good friends and went on drives together.
The Hot Wheels designer was Ryu Asada.
WOW. That puts a WHOLE new spin on that Easter egg.
- wow — GT_Diecast
One of the castings I'm building/testing for the Pro/Am race is a Flat Out 442. Noticed a fire bottle and seat belts in the single seat race interior.
Hot Wheels Ford Transit Connect has wheels in the back which are not visible when assembled.