Hot Wheels Easter Eggs
Is this the stethoscope in the porche 944??
- Yes, that is the one. That was placed there by the Hot Wheels designer who had cancer, and was being treated by his doctor. They became great friends, and would often go on drives together. To thank the doctor for treating him during his bouts with cancer, the designer placed a stethescope on the real parcel tray of the Porsche. The Hot Wheels designer's name was Ryu Asada. — SpyDude
I have noticed that in the MIG RIG there is some welding gear and also a remote control car in the back of the JESTER.
Opening boot on the mainline DMC delorean.
- Very cool - this no longer appears to be a feature on current mainline DeLoreans. :( — Bell_Creek_Raceways
There are a couple of castings with hidden engine details. The 06 Pontical GTO was mentioned before. Here is the 87 Buick Regal GNX. I believe the '18 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon has it as well.
- The original casting of the 87 Buick Regal had a removable hood, so that detail was not hidden, once upon a time. Cool that they kept it despite making the body a single piece. — GenX_VintageRacing
- Yeah, I have one of those original castings with the removable front. I lost the piece years ago, so I have no clue where it may be — Touko
Not really an Easter Egg, but interesting enough for those of us that like taking these things apart. Clever design of the new Sander Burner by Ryu Assada:
- Oh, nice. What truck is that? Hot Wheels or Matchbox? — SpyDude
- Pretty sure it's a Hot Wheel. It was a loose one that I noticed at a local toy show. — ChiefWopahoo
The Volvo 850 Estate has a spare wheel in the trunk visible through the rear window.
I know this isn't really an Easter egg, but I just noticed that none of my cars have the steering wheel on the right side like British and Australian cars.
- You just do not have the right casting. — Uncle_Elvis
- Buy some JDM cars and you'll have one :) — InsaneG
Project Speeder looks like it hit something and tore up the front. May be the dead dog thrown in the back seat.
Don't know if it has been posted yet but at the cargo bay of the Chrysler Pacifica has an ATV in it. Will provide pics later on
Found a dog in the back seat of my project speedster