Chase Family Racing presents the "Mustang Jack" tournamentSunday, May 28th, 2023
Welcome to the first ever mail in race at Haywood Valley Raceway. This will be a small tournament involving 16 racers submitting 2 cars each. The castings for this race are: Any Mustang and any Jack Hammer. 2 cars that run very well on this track.
First 16 to comment
Rules & restrictions
- Stock and modified entries allowed
- 50g maximum weight
- 3.25in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide
- Limit 2 entries per household
- Retail axles and wheels only. FTE/NPA axles allowed.
- Dry lube only
- Heavy cars don't do much better than a lighter car on this track. It's really about the fastest car. This track is 2 lanes start to finish. No open track
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Sunday, 5/21/2023. Racing is scheduled for Sunday, 5/28/2023. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
Include at least $6.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back. Entries not getting returned will be given to the winner as part of the prize.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
This track is 2 lanes from start to finish. There is a total of 7 curves, including a 180 degree lane change curve and a straight lane change section, as well. The idea is to keep the cars moving fast and to not have a "faster:" lane. The lane changes can really shake the cars around, so keep the weight low. You can view the track at Chase Family Racing on Youtube.
Race format and scoring
This will be a single-elimination tournament. A car will move on in the bracket after 2 wins. Cars will alternate lanes between each race.
The car that wins the final race will be declared the winner. Race host has final decision in all races.
We will race all the Mustangs against each other and then all the Jack Hammers against each other. We wiil start with 16 of each casting, then 8..4..2..1
The championship race will be the winning Mustang against the winning Jack Hammer
Bracket seeding will be random.
Cars are given a grace of 1g over the stated weight limit to account for variance in scales.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify for victory. Offending cars will still race. Finish position and any prize will go to the runner-up in the case of the penalty car winning.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will not be repaired or replaced.
There will be a first and second place prize and they will be friggin cool.
Entries will be returned promptly.
2. Bolo Brown
3. R Lo
4. Lilly The Dog
5. Papa Pugsley
11. Wes Coasin'
12. Flat Rabbit Racing
13. Flying Donut Diecast Racing
14. Milestone Racing
- More in Racing & Tournaments
kingjester here will also gladly join but quick question,do we have to send in 2 entires because I have mustangs but I don't have any jackhammers and considering jackhammer isn't a common casting I wouldn't be able to guarantee I could find one for the tournament.I'll still send in a mustang tho
- The idea is each racer sends in one Mustang and one Jack Hammer. I've gotten a few on Ebay for about 10 bucks. I can't have someone send 2 mustangs, it will throw everything off. if you cant get one, I have a "house jackhammer", but it wouldnt seem right if that car won — Endcount
- My intentions weren’t to send 2 mustangs but rather I could only send in one mustang I wouldn’t be able to send in a jackhammer.I just wanted to know if it was okay if I only sent in a car for one of the categories — Jester65
I just want to be clear that the racers who enter need to send 1 Mustang and 1 Jack Hammer. 50 grams or less
Count me in please.