Hot Wheels Racing League Championship Series 2015
The Hot Wheels Racing League Championship Series is a series that will test the racers ability to assemble a team of cars that will be successful on a variety of courses under a variety of conditions. Some races only allow stock cars so it will test a racers ability to collect and pick the right car for the situation. Some races will allow custom cars, but all races will allow stock cars so a racer’s modifying abilities will be put to the test to create cars that can go faster than the stock cars.
Rules & Restrictions
- Each racer can have a team of up to 6 cars. They do not all have to be entered at once. Cars can be added to the team throughout the season until the max of 6 is reached. Teams do not need to have 6 cars, however it is advisable that a team have at least 4 cars so they will be able to compete in the team race.
- Cars can be any brand 1/64 scale cars.
- Any wheels are allowed.
- Max length 4 inches.
- Max height 2.5 inches.
- Max weight 85 grams.
- Width - should fit on Hot Wheels orange track.
- Unless otherwise noted, a team may enter 2 cars in each race. Only the top finishing car will score points for the team. However, it may still be to a team’s advantage to race 2 cars because while the teams 2nd place car won’t score points for the team, it could cause another team to not score as many points. ie if a team has a 1st place car and a 2nd place car, they will only score 10 points for their team, but nobody will get 9 points, the 3rd place finisher will get 8 points.
- One race will be a team event where each racer will race 4 cars from their team. The place of each car will be added together and the team with the lowest total will win the event. If a team does not have 4 cars they will not be able to race in this event.
- It is anticipated that it will be a 5 race season starting in June with a race approximately each month through October.
Where to send your cars
Each participant will be responsible for return shipping costs. Mail-in cars should be sent with return postage, however postage arrangements can be made at the end of the season as well if cars are not all sent at once. If return postage is not arranged, cars will not be returned. Cars will be kept for the entire racing season to reduce shipping costs from sending cars back and forth.
Mail-in cars should also be accompanied with an entry form. They should be sent to:
- Robby Comeford
- P.O. Box 156
- Washington, Utah
Entry deadline: Cars racing in the June race should be received by June 6th.
Scoring and Winning
Points will be awarded for each race and accumulated throughout the season.
Points will be awarded as follows:
- 10 points for 1st place
- 9 points for 2nd place
- 8 points for 3rd place
- 7 points for 4th place
- 6 points for 5th place
- 5 points for 6th place
- 4 points for 7th place
- 3 points for 8 place
- 2 points for 9 place
- 1 point for 10th place on down
If there is ever a tie, the total points will be split between the cars. For example, if two cars tied for 5 and 6th place they would each get 5.5 points (6 points for 5th place + 5 points for 6th place = 11 points divided by 2 = 5.5 points)
Tracks & Dates
It’s anticipated races will be held on the following tracks: (for more on the tracks see http://www.racehotwheels.com/2015/03/hot-wheels-racing-league-championship_28.html)
- King of the Hill track (2 lane 14.5 ft drag track)
- Color Country Speedway (4 lane 30 ft drag track)
- Thunder Road (Open course track made with sizzler fat track)
- Hazzard County Drag ‘n’ Fly Derby (Drag track to 22 inch gap jump to a race to the finish)
- Baja Track (Jumps, Bumps, and multiple surfaces)
Anticipated Schedule (Specific dates will be designated as the season progresses)
- June 13th: King of the Hill Track - Rules: 2 stocks allowed, but may have up to two customs.
- July 11th: Color Country Speedway - Rules: 4 car team - 4 stocks allowed, but at least 2 stocks and up to 2 customs.
- August 29th: Thunder Road - Rules: 2 stocks allowed, but may have up to 2 customs
- September 26th: Hazzard County Drag ‘n’ Fly Derby - Rules: Only stock cars, 2 allowed.
- October 10th: Baja Track - Rules: 2 stock cars allowed, but may have up to 2 customs.