We've talked and hinted about a Mad Max race but no one has proposed one or organized one yet. Which is great, allows me to design my fantasy race. These are my starting plans for a race I'll host. On Halloween. Suggestions welcome. More hosts welcome to make a series.
Rules & Restrictions:
- Max weight: None. But no "added" weight allowed. All weight must come from component car parts and whatever is holding them together (JB Weld, screws, solder, whatever).
- Entries must consist of parts from a minimum of three cars. You may make a Wasteland Monster or first movie chase car or anything really. Odd is good.
- Must fit orange HW track. 1.3 in. High, 3.25 in. Long
- No limit on # of entries.
- Any brand of cars allowed, any scale, but no FTE, color shifter, JL or chromed axles allowed.
- Drilled rivet and Stock base allowed but you still need to attach parts to get to three component cars.
- Dry lubes only.
Don't know how I'm scoring the open track yet. Points for axles and badass will be included though.
Standard Drag will be one point for each win in first bracket. First Round Losers enter loser bracket. Winner of loser bracket gets one point and gets to race winner of winners bracket, point for winner.
Plus, one point for each additional axle over two. Plus, badass points, see below.
Bad ass points - One week prior to first race will be the fashion show. Votes for most Bad Ass Looking cars. One point for first, one half for second. One quarter for 3rd 4th and 5th.
If this becomes a series, badass and axle points are applied each race, but other than that, each host can assign race points as they like.
Random Bracket at Mo's, but future hosts can do whatever they like.
MAD MAX Fury Road on BlueRay. If the winner already has it, similar value surprises may be awarded. Plus any donations.
How to enter
Send me your cars, address:
215 Ave. B
Billings, MT 59101
Don't forget to print an ID card with your entry
Entry deadline: 10/23/15 to be in the show. Anything that arrives by Halloween will race.
Penalties - If your car DNQs i will provide the option to let me mod or let it race point free.
Tracks & Dates
EDIT 10/31/15 Fashion show EDIT
10/31/15 Fury Road Open Straight Track 5-wide.
11/07/15 Mo's Speedway - Standard Orange Drag