Hey Redline community,
Being a fan of the car, I felt that it was only right for the first mail-in tournament from TranSport Diecast Racing to feature the iconic Japanese roadster, THE MIATA! The perfectly balanced Miata is one of the most fun momentum cars that you can drive... and as you all know, diecast racing is all about momentum!
Let's see these little cars slide all over Angel's Crest Highway!
Rules & restrictions
- Modified entries only
- No weight limit
- 82mm long x 32mm wide
- No entry limit, but each car must be assigned a different driver. (TDR has some international members that would love to participate but are unable to send cars. If you would like to submit several cars and don't have drivers, please consider sponsoring one of them).
- Dry lube only
- Weights must be black or color matched to interior. Weight height cannot exceed door height unless a hardtop is added. Hardtop can be made of any material but must look finished.
- Exterior customization required. There are only so many castings to choose from, please make your car identifiable. Numbers are fine.
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Wednesday, 9/30/2020. Racing is scheduled to begin Sunday, 10/4/2020 and will take place over the course of several weeks. Results will be posted on TranSport Diecast Racing's YouTube channel.
How to enter
Send your entries to:
PO Box 4988
Cerritos, CA 90703
Please note if you would like your cars returned. I will contact you to arrange shipping after the tournament is over or after your car has been eliminated. Entries not getting returned will either be kept at TDR for future grudge matches (up to you) or will be sent to the winner of the tournament.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Racing will be on the Angel's Crest Highway. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring, double DNF rules
This will be a single-elimination tournament.
First to 2 wins advances. If tied 1-1 after 2 races, faster time gets the outside (faster) lane.
Finals will be first to 3 wins. If tied 2-2 after 4 races, faster time gets the outside lane.
In the event of a double DNF, there are 2 possible outcomes:
- If due to fighting for position, the race will be restarted.
- If due to front car DNFing and blocking back car, this will count as a race and cars will switch sides until one reaches 2 wins (or 3 if finals).
Bracket will be seeded based on timed qualifying runs. Any drivers that fail to finish will be seeded based on points below drivers that finished. All cars will race.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will not be repaired or replaced.
- Two 3D printed dual-lane modular 45 degree curves as sold by Slanman Customs (the same curves on our track!)
- Losing cars that did not opt to for a return or to stay at TDR for future grudge matches.