When looking around I saw a picture of the old 1979 Hot Wheels Service Center. And I remembered, that I loved to play with a very similar playset when I was a kid...
Unfortunetly I do not have enoughspace to build a permanent racetrack...but wait...the service center was foldable and a touch of genius in creating long lasting fun...so lets race it.
In the following days I thought about the way to build it, measurements, weights, materials:
- it will be build out of plywood (have enough leftovers)
- it should be foldable like the original
- it should be easy to transport (if needed with a parcel service)
- to fit the regulations for cheap transport it should measure max 120 x 60 x 60cm, <5kg
- there should be place to store some cars and race 2-4cars at a time
-if possible: it would be nice to combine two "race in a box"-tracks to have a longer racetrack
First (very professional) drawings showed a box. Therefore this kind of track is now named "race in a box"
Today I tried a model with some hot wheels-parts and it might work:
As I am pretty busy there will only be little progress, and if the Idea does not work it will be a nice fire later, but the next step is to build the plywood-box.
It would be funny to have a world tour, sending the track with a parcel service or some other stupid stuff next year...