Summer Bash Drag Strip 2023Saturday, July 29th, 2023
Hello everyone! This is a street racing themed drag race in the 75-80 gram category. JDM, American Muscle and Euro cars all going at it for bragging rights. If only that can happen in real life. Well look no further because I'll be hosting a drag race and this is for bragging rights for summer 2023. Please reach out if you have any questions. I'll be glad to assist.
Rules & restrictions
- Modified entries only
- 80g maximum weight
- 3.25in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide
- Limit 2 entries per household
- Retail axles and wheels only. FTE/NPA axles allowed.
- Dry lube only
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Saturday, 7/22/2023. Racing is scheduled for Saturday, 7/29/2023. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
Include at least $7.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back. Entries not getting returned will be given to the winner as part of the prize.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
I'll be using a Hotwheels 6 lane drag strip but only using lanes 1 and 2 as they are my most consistant. I'll be using 2 lanes max about 15 feet long.
Race format and scoring
This will be a single-elimination tournament. A car will move on in the bracket only when it wins two races in a row. Cars will alternate lanes between each race. Once it gets to the quarter finals, it will be the first to three wins to proceed on the bracket.
The car that wins the final race will be declared the winner. Race host has final decision in all races.
Bracket seeding will be random.
Cars are given a grace of 1g over the 79 gram stated weight limit to account for variance in scales. No more than 80.00 grams.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify for victory. Offending cars will still race. Finish position and any prize will go to the runner-up in the case of the penalty car winning.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will not be repaired or replaced.
Premium hotwheel and a gift card and a surprise gift at the end
- More in Racing & Tournaments
I'll send a couple.
Boog and Babygirl
46 & 68
- Thanks Foursix! I look forward to racing you and the others! I got you on my list — D_Built_Garage
I should be good for a pair as well...
Crazy Canuck and Indie Rayne
- Crazy_Canuck! Ive seen you on some youtube videos. I'm looking forward to racing you and the others! Thanks for chiming in! I got you down on my racing list. — D_Built_Garage
I'm in ,, ,,love the drag strip racing
- Chowhound! Awesome man thanks for racing! I look forward in racing you along with the others. I got you down on my list. — D_Built_Garage
- Thanx — CHOWHOUND_RACING_N_DIECAST
- Id like to ask a question to clarify the weight rules. Does the weigh have to be 75g to 80g or just 80g and below? — CHOWHOUND_RACING_N_DIECAST
Great question CHOWHOUND. Ideally no more than 80.00 grams. If you wish to have a car below 75 grams that is totally fine too. Infact, I have a 56g Honda CRX that can beat a 65g car that I made. So yup that is totally fine. As long as it is under 80.00 grams, it qualifies! Also I'll be racing this on the Hotwheels 6 lane race track so please make sure it fits in the launch gate as far as length. I'll be posting pics of the DONLEX Kansas City Speedway ;)
- Kewl — CHOWHOUND_RACING_N_DIECAST
My first entry
- woohoo! looks good CHOWHOUND!! Eco Jet? — D_Built_Garage
- Yes sir. I'm getting into moding the premiums to see what works — CHOWHOUND_RACING_N_DIECAST
- Thats great man. My EG is a premium as well. I prefer the premiums. Ive seen the ecojets and I almost picked one up so I'm excited to see how this one races. — D_Built_Garage
- Me too — CHOWHOUND_RACING_N_DIECAST
- You did wheel swap it, right? — Uncle_Elvis
- Nope I'm experimenting with just the drag races . I worked the axel and went with a lube to see how it turns out. On road coursetrack i definitelyare doing wheel swap. — CHOWHOUND_RACING_N_DIECAST
- You treat them with some type of hardening agent? — Uncle_Elvis
- A polishing compound that takes scratches off paint and CD's a real smoother — CHOWHOUND_RACING_N_DIECAST
My second entry just finishedCHOWHOUND
- Looks good CHOWHOUND — D_Built_Garage
- Let me know when you’re all ready. Send me a DM I’ll give you the address. Also did you want these sent back? I’ll reuse the same packaging that you send. — D_Built_Garage
- D_Built I'll be sending prepaid return label to make the return process easy — CHOWHOUND_RACING_N_DIECAST
- Sounds good brother! — D_Built_Garage
Uncle Elvis this is what I use
- For rubber tires? To do what? Wheel swap those things for plastic wheels to reduce the friction. — Uncle_Elvis
- I understand what your saying, i polished the axels to see what the results would be, just this once just experimenting not. If not successful then I'm doing wheel swaps . I've already removed the rubber set-ups from other premiums and currently doing other wheel swaps, this is experimental just with this particular car — CHOWHOUND_RACING_N_DIECAST
- @Chowhound..... Are you using a dremel to apply the compound? Or just using a rag? — RAGTAG_JIM
- Dremel — CHOWHOUND_RACING_N_DIECAST
- RagTag I'm finding the Drexel im using is one of the industriale ones I used in the shop. I'm finding i have to get a smaller Drexel to make things easier on my hands — CHOWHOUND_RACING_N_DIECAST
Can I enter 2 cars into this race? This would be my very first dicast race ever as all the rest are full.
#08 for both cars racing for A08 Customs
- Sure Pandaman! Feel free to join! When you're done, please send me a pic of your cars in my DM and I'll send you the address to send these cars too. — D_Built_Garage
- Awesome thank you I'll get them painted up and send you the pics in a few days — Pandaman08
Just a quick update. Once you're done modding your cars, Please send me a pic of your cars in my DM and I'll send you my address. Thank you all in advance. I'm looking forward to racing everyone!
Count me In 17 and 95
- Gotcha in Mako! Thanks and I look forward in racing you and the others. This should be a great race! — D_Built_Garage
Karmic Racing would like to enter
Why not? Put me in