You are invited to compete in the first timed event at The Devil's Backbone Raceway located in Northern Colorado!
No track times have been set on this new track... yet! Will your car be the fastest?
All time trials and final race will be shown on the Formula Diecast Racing Youtube channel and on the Facebook page! All drivers will be listed as the first competitors to race at the Devil's Backbone Raceway!
Youtube: Formula Diecast Racing Youtube
Facebook: Formula Diecast Racing Facebook Page
The main point of this race is to have a variety of car weights to find the weight parameters for the new track for future weight restrictions on future race tournaments. Please submit cars of various weight ranges.
Rules & restrictions
- Stock and Modified entries allowed
- No Weight Limit - Various weights are desired
- 3.25in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide
- Limit 2 entries per Household / Race Team
- Any type of wheels & axles
- Dry or no lubrication for this event. No wet.
- All added weights must not be visible from outside of the car.
- No controversial words or images allowed.
- All entries must be received no later than Saturday, March 13th, 2021.
- All entries must resemble realistic four (4) wheeled vehicles. Exceptions must be pre approved by the host.
- Any 1/64 scale diecast manufacturer is allowed (e.g. Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Maisto, Tomica, M2, AutoWorld, etc..)
- All cars will be weighed prior to running on the track.
- One driver name per car. Up to 2 cars per household.
- Entry form must be included with car entry.
Dates & Deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Saturday, 3/13/2021. Racing is scheduled for Saturday, 3/20/2021. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
Include at least $5.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
The Devil's Backbone Raceway is a downhill road course that utilizes (painted) Hot Wheels Orange Track, Slanman Custom's track pieces, and NASCAR Crash Racers Fat Track pieces.
Track Layout: Slanman Starting Gate, Hot Wheels straight, Slanman moddular chicane, Hot Wheels straight, Crash Racers Open Road (2 Crash Racers curves, straights and intersection), Slanman 45 degree curve, Crash Racers curve and straight, Slanman Customs finish line and timer. (one chicane, three 180 turns, one 45 turn)
The track diorama and general layout is based on landmarks and features of the Loveland, Colorado local area (near Fort Collins, CO not the ski area!)
Key features include:
The Big Thompson River
The Devils Backbone
Lake Loveland Reservoir
and other local landmarks!
Race format and scoring
Cars will compete one at a time in single timed runs.
Each car will get three (3) attempted timed runs. Fastest time of the three runs will be that car's official track time.
Top two fastest cars will compete is a side by side race down the track.
This will be a single-elimination race. A car will "win" only when it wins two races in a row. Cars will alternate lanes between each race.
The car that wins the final race will be declared the winner of the event. Race host has final decision in all races.
Race order seeding will be random. Host has final decision in order.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify to race. Offending cars will not race.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track or that happen to break during racing or crash resulting in a failure to cross the finish line, will be noted as DNF (Did Not Finish) and receive no time for their run. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will not be repaired or replaced.
Cars have three (3) attempts to cross the finish line. Cars that fail to cross the finish line in those three attempts will receive a DNF (Did Not Finish) for their time.
Bragging rights for the fastest time.
Bragging rights for the winner of the final race.
Bragging rights for all competitors that they were one of the first to tackle the Devil's Backbone Raceway.
Any other prizes have yet to be determined.
Arrived at the Track:
1. Rubber Tow - Monster Motorsports
2. Piggy 2 Lil' - Monster Motorsports
3. Hand Shadow - RoadRage Racing
4. Miss Emily - RoadRage Racing
5. TooKay - 2K Racing
6. Myke Maze - RTR Diecast Racing
7. Jason Paul - RTR Diecast Racing
8. Fat Puddin' - Civil Unrest Racing
9. Benjamin Blunt - Civil Unrest Racing
10. Jumpin' Bean - Civil Unrest Racing
11. Mr. Rock & Roll - Civil Unrest Racing
12. Little Miss Sunshine - Civil Unrest Racing
13. Daisy Duke - Civil Unrest Racing
14. Fast Eddy - Diecast-Inn Racing
15. Horselover Fat - Diecast-Inn Racing
16. Daddy G - G4 Diecast Racing
17. Momma G - G4 Diecast Racing
18. Uncle Joe - Uncle Joe's Speed Shop
19. Noah - Widowmaker Racing
20. Lucas - Widowmaker Racing
21. Johnny Boost - Formula Diecast Racing
22. Billy Bob - Formula Diecast Racing
23. Revsburger - Wind Racing
24. Slick Rick - Blue Wahoo Racing
25. Jim Casey - Chin Music Racing
26. MadTinker - MadTinker Racing
27. Maurine - R-Lo Racing
28. RLo - R-Lo Racing
29. Sam Haul - Team DRT3K
30. A Bear - Team DRT3K
31. Scooter Roundwell - Spirit of 64 Racing
32. Bee Stonham - Spirit of 64 Racing
33. Baby Girl - Foursix Diecast Racing
34. Boog - Foursix Diecast Racing
35. Mavanerick - Flying Watermelons
36. Monique - N.J. Drive Racing
37. Melo - N.J. Drive Racing
38. Wally Champ - N.J. Drive Racing
39. Crazy Canuck - The EH-Team
40. Daddy Canuck - The EH Team
41. The Feels - Big Al's Custom Diecast
42. Dee Dee - Big Al's Custom Diecast
43. Sterling Moss - Team Wisconsin
44. Diego Roman - Diego Diecast
45. Sebastian Roman - Diego Diecast
46. Big Romy - Rivera Racing
47. Gray Wizard - WeRD Racing
48. Pooter - WeRD Racing
Mr. Rock & Roll
Piggy 2 Lil'
Little Miss Sunshine