The Mullet River Sprint Track is hosting its inaugural races. To celebrate it's not just one race, but two! Mail in one car and it runs both races.
The first race will be known as the “The Super Rad 80’s Sprints”. This mail-in tournament will be exclusive to any car that has a year between 1980 and 1989 in the title of the car. Example: ’89 Mazda Savana. Details are in the rules. This race will have a 24-car field.
The second race is The Mullet River Royal Rumble! We’ll be using the same 24-car field The Super Rad 80’s Sprints. Starts with two cars selected at random to run the first lap. Another randomly selected car will be added to the race each lap until all 24 cars have entered the race. After the first lap, every new car entered will start in last place. Rules are simple, if you finish with a wheel touching the track, you’re still in whether you finished the lap or not. If you finish a lap off the track or upside down before the finish line you’re out! If you cross the finish line upside down, you are still in. Starting grid for each lap is the finishing order from previous lap. Finish 1st, start the next lap in front. Once all 24 cars have entered, the race will enter survivor mode. If everyone finishes on their wheels, whom ever is in last place is out. Last car standing wins.
Down Squad Racing Youtube channel. Races will air on the Down Squad Youtube Channel. It's brand new so please subcibe if you'd like. This mail-in tournament is for serious builders only. The winners of both races will move on and compete in the end-of-year Mullet River Sprint Track Championship Race!
Rules & restrictions
- Modified entries only
- 50g maximum weight
- 3.25in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide
- Limit 1 entries per household
- Must have a custom paint job.
- MUST have a number. First come first serve on numbers. Can not have the same number as someone else.
- Retail axles and wheels only. No Fantasy wheels. Polishing axles allowed. No FTE. No rubber wheels. No filing down wheels.
- Dry lube only
- Must be a car (no trucks/ no fantasy cars) )with a 1980-1989 with in the title. Example: ’89 Honda Prelude. If you are not sure if your car is eligible, please message me and I’ll let yah know.
- Chassis must match the vehicle. No Combining cars, making wheel wells bigger for installing larger wheels is not allowed.
- No moving parts allowed, hoods, doors, trunks, etc.
- The body must be repainted with a custom paint job.
- Let's keep it clean when it comes to graphics, nothing offensive allowed.
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Sunday, 4/24/2022. Racing is scheduled for Sunday, 5/1/2022. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry. Please tell me the Driver's name, Team name and Number.
Include at least $6.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back. Entries not getting returned will be given to the winner as part of the prize.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Racing will be on the Mullet River Sprint Track. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
Super Rad 80's Sprints will be running in a 24-car bracket with 6 cars participating in each race. 6 laps per group. The top 3 cars from each group will advance to the next round. Bracket seeding will be random. Race host has final decision in all races.?? Cars will score points based on how they finish each lap:??
1st Place - 7 points?
2nd Place - 5 points?
3rd place - 4 points?
4th Place - 3 points ?
5th place - 2 points?
6th Place - 1 points
DNF = 0 points
The Mullet River Royal Rumble format is as stated in the intro. Reach out if you have any questions.
Cars are given a grace of 1g over the stated weight limit to account for variance in scales. If a car fails to meet any of the rules. I’ll contact the owner and discuss if there are any options to either correct for racing or send it back if needed.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the orange hotwheels track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will not be repaired or replaced.
Both Winners will get a Trophy, as well as move on to the Mullet River Sprint Track championship race in December.
1. #77 - Zedworld Racing - Jeff Headform
2. #57 - Karmic Racing - Hades
3. #64 - Spirit of '64 - Scooter Roundwell
4. #21 - Numbskull Racing - Numbskull
5. #9 - Uncle Elvis Racing - Uncle Elvis
6. #12 - Bay City Diecast Racing - Bay City Darrel
7. #704 - Bubblehead Racing - Reckless Ronnie
8. #38 - NikolaLacey Racing - Joey Slow
9. #7 - FUMO Diecast Racing - Fern
10. #22 - Grumpy Cloud Racing - Mark Pan
11. #99 - Lily The Dog
12. #? - Variat SkunkWorks - Driver?
13. #46 - Foursix Diecast Racing - Boog
14. #34 - Live Young Die-Cast - Lone Star
15. #49 - Rust Belt Racing - CupKake
16. #3 Code 3 Motorsports - Cheif
17. #69 - R-Lo Racing - R-Lo
18. #42 - Bongo Motorsports - Bongo
19. #5 - Indiana Diecast Racing - Tain
20. #71 - DDR - D1G1T4L
21 . #4 - G4 Diecast Racing - Daddy G
22. #220 - Ragtag Racing - Durtus
23. #13 - Dubious Diecast - Mr. Darq
24. #87 - G-Force Racing - Ray Bradbury
1. #72 - Man Child Motorsports
2. #37 Crazy Canuck