Thunder Mountain Raceway First steps into building my diecast raceway
Ok guys here where we are up to at Thunder Mountain Raceway, the track isn't finished (will it ever be?) but I have made some visually small changes to track layout but significant to help with consistency and close racing.
It was hard to redesign after the fact and I agonised on how to achieve it but after many trials and errors, I am think I did good.
I setup a new 3D printer and started printing nonstop making mini people, various terrain scatter and buildings etc with more to come and be painted.
I printed a start gate but after 10hours into it realised it was only 2 cars and couldn't be modified to house more cars, so I'm figuring out a way to do that post print. But more than happy with the way it works as is.
here are latest videos and I will hopefully start a new thread soon regarding a series and how to get involved!
Thanks for your patience during my build rants too!!!
- You mentioned you started printing people. Do you have a link to those files? I bought a 3d printer a while ago with the idea that I would be able to print a lot of my own people for dioramas and racing, but I haven't been able to find anything that seems suitable. — CTR_Crimson_Twins_Racing
Just started erecting some track signage.
As a sign of appreciation to the community and an active way to support and promote the sport...I would be happy to display your logos trackside.
If your interested in getting your channel or name onto Thunder Mountain drop a post with link/picture of your logo. Oh and sub to the channel wouldn't hurt either but that's just shameless groveling....so it not imperative...
I doubt I need to say this due to my tiny following ???? there is limited space available and they maybe(lol) a chance you won't be displayed. Like I said I doubt it's going to be an issue but you never know????
Well I did it...
Thunder Mountain Raceway is open for business!
originally I had just planned to do a few filmed runs showing the modded 3D printed 2 car start gate that now takes 4 cars and well it turned into a full scale production.
Be kind I am still trying to get better with each video.
- Looks good dude. Nice work on the track. Will get you into the upcoming drn report — Chaos_Canyon
- What a journey!!!! Very inspiring. My kiddos and I just looked through and it gave us vision of what we can accomplish — AutonomousJohn
Here's a couple of recent videos
not really taking the world by storm LOL Oh well
- Looking good mate. Presume the trains will actually be running, looking at the track you've laid out. — Chaos_Canyon
- Yer either it works as a nice backdrop in videos or it’s just for me either option is ok LOL — Playz
- Cool man. Did you buy the trains specifically for the track or are you also into trains? — Chaos_Canyon
just an update to current specification. Track has come along way since the 1st spark of an idea.
I have 1 more IDRL round to shoot when cars arrive then I'm almost certain to redevelop the top half of the mountain.
I hope this can also help inspire or provide ideas for other budding track builders.
- Thanks for sharing, and helping to inspire others. Cheers — CutRock_R_Marc_D
- Really nice with lots of depth. Great job! (And thanks for the signage) — redlinederby
- I love it. all the extra detail makes a realistic feel to it. great job — dr_dodge
Scored a massive haul of US version of crash racer track and 2 full sets of hot wheels nascar wide track with pit stops a massive wad of orange tracks, loops, 2xboosters and much more....