Pony Cars are generally considered 'Muscle Cars', but Pony Cars are actually their own class...long hoods, two door, and a really short trunk are the basic looks...as well as being nimble, 'sporty' cars. Here's a definition of a Pony Car...
I had the initial Pony Wars race 2 years ago and it was a pretty good series. So, I'll be hosting another event this year.
Rules & Restrictions
- Weight 40 grams
- Size restrictions; 3.25" long, orange track wide...no funny cars
- Cars per entrant; maximum of 3 cars per entrant...all of different makes...you can't have all Camaros or Mustangs...they must be different makes
- Brand, body style; see above for a description. I would like to keep them to US build cars, but, Nissan Z cars and Toyota Celicas are on the list...as well as a few others
- Wheel limitations, requirements; FTE wheels are allowed...no wheel inserts...no bearings. Must use Hot Wheels style axles
- Must be drilled rivets
- Dry lubes only
- Misc requirements; This is not a reqiirement, but it looks cool...paint your cars "team colors", so your cars are easily identified as 'yours'
TBD. Describe the prize(s) offered. Include an image if available. If there is no prize, delete this section.
How to enter
Post a reply ....plus, pics are always nice
Are there any entry or shipping fees? If you'd like your cars back, please include return shipping.
Where to send your cars
9 Sherman Ridge Road
Sussex, NJ. 07461
April 8th, 2017
Scoring and Winning
1 point per round win, plus an extra point for making it into the finals. The first race will be a drag race...random draw, single elimination. The 2nd race will be an open track race that will also be a random draw single elimination race, but it will take place on an open track. Winner is the car that wins 2 races in a row, on alternate lanes...no matter how many races it takes to determine a winner.
The Traction Event rule is in place...if your car is 3 grams or more over the 40 gram limit, it will be painted pink, raced, and not counted...so, be sure to keep the cars on weight
Tracks & DatesSeries tracks
- April 8th, 2017, NJ- 72_Chevy_C10 (drags)
- April 15th, 2017, NJ - 72_Chevy_C10 (open track)
Winners and Results
TBD. Mention the winner, the final results and include a picture of the winning car if available.