Ram Rod 400: Truck Edition - FULLSaturday, May 13th, 2023
The Pacific Rim Speedway plays host to the second annual Ram Rod 400: Truck Edition! This mail-in tournament pays homage to the 1969 Oldsmobile 442, which was equipped with the 400ci V8 "Ram Rod 400" engine. Any fantasy or realistic truck casting is eligible, but it must have a big blower motor. See rules for specific details*
Rules & restrictions
- Modified entries only.
- Limit 1 entries per household. Limit 1 entry per race team. This is to ensure fair representation.
- 60g maximum weight. All added weight must be concealed inside the body. There is no weight allowance. 60.0g is the maximum. No exceptions.
- 3.25in. long x 1.75in. tall x 1.25in. wide. Should fit within Hot Wheels black flat track, which is a little more narrower than standard orange flat track. Height is restricted. Anything taller than 1.75in. will hit gate 1 near the Sewer Vent.
- Retail axles and plastic wheels only. NPA allowed. FTE wheels allowed. Polishing axles allowed. Wheel swaps allowed. Colored/clear wheels allowed. No rubber wheels.
- Hogging out/enlarging fenders is allowed. This technique is related to builders wanting to install larger diameter wheels.
- Chassis must match the vehicle. No frankenstein mash-ups, chopping, stretching or modifications.
- Dry lube only. Do not over apply graphite that causes a bunch of graphite to fall out when I open your package.
- Must be a truck that fits within the dimension restrictions. Fantasy trucks are allowed. Pick-ups are allowed. Flat Bed trucks are allowed. No El Caminos/Utes. No wagons. No SUVs. No vans. No buses. No Character Car trucks. Any toy brand is allowed (Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Johnny Lightning, etc.).
- Must have an exposed big blower motor that is the highest point of the vehicle. Motor may be stock or an add-on. Motor may be located on the hood or trunk/bed. Do not mount motor to roof.
- Big motor must be permanently glued/welded if mounting as an add-on. If at any time, your big motor falls off, or breaks off, your car will NOT continue in the race. Your motor is now gone. If your motor falls off in the mail and arrives unattached, your entry is a DNQ.
- The body must have a custom look. Do not just draw things on the stock paint with a sharpie or paint brush. Full custom paint job is encouraged, but removing stock tampos and adding custom waterslide decals over factory paint is allowed.
- NO moving parts allowed, such as hoods, doors, etc. All parts except wheels and axles MUST be glued down. If add-ons fall off/out of your entry, it will be disqualified.
- The truck may have been raced at another track. However, the truck needs to look like a completely different truck with a face lift (repaint the body and swap out waterslides as a minimum).
- No offensive graphics or markings. No General Lee. No pornography logos. I reserve the right to DQ any vehicle that is offensive or not family friendly.
- If you miss the deadline, your car will not be entered. Please be respectful of my time and get your entry shipped out on time.
- No proxy sign-ups allowed. You cannot sign-up anyone other than yourself.
- If you signed up for a previous race hosted by Monster Motorsports, and you are a no show with zero communication prior to the deadline, you will be removed from the current race as well as any future races you have signed up for that are hosted by Monster Motorsports. You will also be replaced with an alternate entry. If you get in touch with me after the deadline and communicate, it is up to my discretion to allow entry into future races. Life happens. I just ask that you communicate.
- Please post in this thread in the comments below to confirm your place on the roster. You are confirmed once you receive my reply to your post regarding your race status.
- When in doubt, or have a question, send me a message here on Redline Derby.
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Saturday, 5/6/2023. Racing is scheduled for Saturday, 5/13/2023. If you do not make the deadline, your car will not race. No exceptions will be made. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
Do NOT send money with your entry. I will ship cars back to their owners at the end of December 2023 during the Christmas break for those builders that contact me and ask me to send them back. I will tell you the shipping cost when you contact me. Please do not ask me to send your cars back earlier than December 2023. Many of the participants enter multiple tournaments. So it is easier to send back as a group in one package.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Racing will be on the Pacific Rim Speedway - Monster Motorsports. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
Races will be running in a standard 16-car bracket with 4 cars participating in each race. The top 2 cars from each race will advance to the next round through to the semi-finals. Bracket seeding will be random. Race host has final decision in all races.
Cars will score points based on how they finish each lap:
1st Place - 5 points
2nd Place - 3 points
3rd place - 2 points
4th Place - 1 point
DNF - 0 points
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, I will contact the owner to discuss options to make the car meet all restrictions. If a compromise that is fair and within restrictions cannot be met, the car will be returned to the owner.
All entries received will be given two test runs (one run in each lane) to ensure it can finish the course of the track without any issues. Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, will forfeit their participation. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. If cars that break during racing, I will reach out to the owner to work out a solution if possible. Cars that are glued together have come apart in the past due to big crashes on the track. I cannot enforce the use of screws, but it is highly encouraged because they can easily be replaced or opened to help fix any performance issues.
1. Gravity Throttle Racing
2. PWC Racing
3. Golden Owl Racing
4. Spazzed & Spurious Racing
5. Team DRT3K
6. No Regrets Racing
7. Doc's Speed Shop
8. G4 Diecast Racing
9. Live Young Die-Cast
10. 2K Racing
11. Spirit of '64 Diecast Racing
12. Man Child Motorsports
13. Hot Nuts Diecast
14. Puffs Racing
15. Down Squad Racing
16. Burnout Peak Diecast
17. Ra SunGod Racing
18. Learnector Racing
19. R-Lo Racing
20. The Eh team
22. Rust Belt Racing
23. Dubious Diecast
24. MQH Racing
25. Iron Beard Customs
26. Code 3 Motorsports
27. Schotty's Diecast
28. MakerBox Motors
29. Outsiders Street Racing
30. Aces High Racing
31. Chase Family Racing
32. Uncle Elvis Racing
1. Ragtag Racing
2. Grumpy Cloud Racing
4. Vapor Racing
5. Bay City Diecast Racing
1. Team DeeZaster Diecast drop by request
- More in Racing & Tournaments
Sign me up please
Count Doc in for this one!!
Please include me #38
- You're in! — Kaiju_Colorado
Sign me up please and thank you!
Lone Star / LYDC
2k Racing would like a spot please!
- You're in! — Kaiju_Colorado
DeeZaster Jakk wants in on this one!!
Team: DeeZaster DC
I would like in
In Please! - 'Craigster Sr. - Hot Nuts Diecast'
I'll take a spot if available
Put me in, coach! Spazzed & Spurious Racing