I took a little poll a while ago, and quite a few people wanted a VW Beetle race. So, here it is! There are quite a few Beetle castings, so it should make for a fun race. I would like to invite anyone that either has or is building an Open Track, to take a shot at hosting a heat! The idea of these Beetles tumbling down an Open Track is kinda fun! So, hopefully, they will race on both Straight Drag-style tracks and Open track!
Rules & Restrictions
- Weight 57 grams
- Size restrictions - The usual sizes - 1.3" high, 3.5" wide and orange track wide
- Cars per entrant/household - 2 cars per entrant max
- Brand, body style, year, make/model - VW Beeltles only
- Wheel limitations, requirements - FTE allowed
- Must be drilled rivets
- Dry lubes only
- Misc requirements - If you want to do team colors, that always makes for some good looking race cars!
How to enter
Post a reply along with how many cars you're going to enter.
Are there any entry or shipping fees? If not, delete this line.
Where to send your cars
Pinckney, MI 48169-9797
First Race to be Nov 6th, 2015
Scoring and Winning
the usual points system...1 point per win, with and extra point awarded for getting into the Final
Cars to be weighed before they are raced and should meet requirements
Tracks & Dates
TBD. Is this a series or single tournament? Describe how shipping will be handled between hosts, responsibilities, instructions, etc.Series tracks
- Nov 7th, MI - Traction Event
- Nov 14th, OH - 2Seven
- Nov 21st, WA - Stroller
- Nov 26th - Happy Thanksgiving- no race
- Dec 4th, NJ - Chevy C10
Winners and Results