The last few years have seen this event be a very popular race...Thank you, Stroller, for putting on some very cool races! But, Stroller isn't really set up for this event this year, so I asked if I could put it together, and Stroller said that I could! So, the premise is pretty simple...you build a Cop car and a Robber car...the Cop cars race and the Robber cars race, and the top 4 from each duke it out! But, thanks to Traction Event, I am going to throw a wrinkle in the rules...a team weight limit of 90 grams! (See rules below)
Good luck and have fun!
Rules & Restrictions
- Weight - your team (two cars) cannot weigh over 90 grams...with a minimum weight being 25 grams. You decide which car weighs what, just keep the total under 90 grams!
- Size restrictions; usual sizes - 1.3" high, 3.5" long, orange track wide
- Cars per entrant - 1 cop car and one or be per entrant. (I might up this to 2 of each...let's see how many people are interested)
- Brand, body style, etc. - the cars can be any style, from any era, as long as you have a Cop car and a Robber car
- fte wheels are allowed
- Must be drilled rivets
- Dry lubes only
- Misc requirements - again, the combined weight of your cars is 90 grams!
TBD. I'm sure that I will put together some prize cars for this...if anyone else would like to put together prizes for winning on different tracks along the way, please feel free!
How to enter
Just post in this thread....pictures always make things better! Or, just send your cars to the first host!
Where to send your car
9 Sherman Ridge Road
Sussex, NJ. 07461
Don't forget to print an ID card with your entry
TBD. I'd like the first race to be January 9, 2015
Scoring and Winning
Standard points - 1 point per win, an ex tea point for getting in the finals. The Cops will race the cops, robbers to race the robbers....with an eight car shootout to held, for bragging rights!
Cars are expected to meet the rules
Tracks & Dates
TBD. I'm looking for hosts....if you could run one or two races in early January, that would be Great!
- Jan 9th, 2016, NJ - Chevy_C10
- Jan 16th, 2016, MA -DadVBall
- Jan 23rd, 2016, UT - CCRider
- Jan 30th, 2016, WA - Delta 6
- Feb 6th, 2016, OH - 2Seven
- Feb 13th, 2016, NJ - Chevy_C10
Winners and Results
This will be a winner take all event...the winner of the Cops points, gets all the Cop cars, the winner of the Robbers race to get all the Robber cars. With, some extra prizes going to the overall winning car