The second annual Race of the Rising Sun 2022 is on the calendar! This is a mail-in tournament for 1/64 scale diecast cars of any real JDM car casting. No fantasy cars allowed. Cars must be replicas of real manufactured cars, which ONLY include Nissan, Toyota, Subaru, Honda, Acura, Lexus, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Infiniti, Suzuki, and Datsun.
The winner will move on to the "KING OF MONSTERS" tournament at the end of the season.
Rules & restrictions
- Modified entries only.
- 60g maximum weight. All added weight must be concealed inside the body. There is no weight allowance. 60.0g is the maximum. No exceptions.
- 3.25in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide. Should fit within Hot Wheels black flat track, which is a little more narrower than standard orange flat track.
- Retail axles and plastic wheels only. NPA allowed. Polishing axles allowed. FTE allowed. No rubber wheels. No Fantasy wheels.
- Chassis must match the vehicle. No frankenstein mash-ups, stretching, or chopping. Enlarging fender wells is not allowed. However, grinding down flared fenders so the fenders are flush with the outside of the wheels IS allowed.
- Dry lube only. Do not over apply graphite that causes a bunch of graphite to fall out when I open your package.
- Any 1/64 scale diecast car of any brand.
- Convertibles must have a painted driver figure.
- Limit 1 entries per household. Limit 1 entry per race team. This is to ensure fair representation.
- JDM manufactured cars only, which includes Lexus, Honda, Acura, Toyota, Suzuki, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Infiniti, Datsun, and Mazda. Year and model must be clearly visible on the bottom of the car. When in doubt, ask the race host. No SUVs, trucks, or wagons.
- Custom paint job optional. Numbers are optional. Do not just draw things on the stock paint with a sharpie or paint pen. If you keep the stock paint and there is a placard (circle or square) for a number, you MUST add a number.
- Cars with stock paint must be noted in your post so duplicates will be eliminated. Include the casting and paint scheme of the stock paint in your post, or post a picture of the exact car.
- No offensive graphics or markings. I reserve the right to DQ any vehicle that is offensive or not family friendly.
- The car may have been raced at another track. However, the car needs to look like a completely different car with a face lift (repaint the body as a minimum).
- If you miss the deadline, your car will not be entered. Please be respectful of my time and get your entry shipped out on time.
- No proxy sign-ups allowed. You cannot sign-up anyone other than yourself.
- If you signed up for a previous race hosted by Monster Motorsports, and you are a no show with zero communication prior to the deadline, you will be removed from the current race as well as any future races you have signed up for that are hosted by Monster Motorsports. You will also be replaced with an alternate entry. If you get in touch with me after the deadline and communicate, it is up to my discretion to allow entry into future races. Life happens. I just ask that you communicate.
- You MUST post in this thread to confirm your place on the roster. You are confirmed once you receive my reply regarding your race status.
- When in doubt, or have a question, send me a message here on Redline Derby.
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Monday, 7/31/2022. Racing is scheduled for Sunday, 8/21/2022. If you do not make the deadline, your car will not race. No exceptions will be made. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
Do NOT send money with your entry. I will ship cars back to their owners at the end of December during the Christmas break for those builders that contact me and ask me to send them back. I will tell you the shipping cost when you cost when you contact me. Please do not ask me to send your cars back earlier than December. Many of the participants enter multiple tournaments. So it is easier to send back as a group in one package.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Racing will be on the Pacific Rim Speedway - Monster Motorsports. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
Races will be running in a standard 32-car bracket with 2 cars participating in each race like a real JDM street race. Racing will be head-to-head in a best 2 out of 3 format with the winner advancing to the next round through to the semi-finals. The final 4 cars will compete in a 4-car race with 8 laps to determine the winner. Bracket seeding will be random. Race host has final decision in all races.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, I will contact the owner to discuss options to make the car meet all restrictions. If a compromise that is fair and within restrictions cannot be met, the car will be returned to the owner.
All entries received will be given two test runs (one run in each lane) to ensure it can finish the course of the track without any issues. Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, will forfeit their participation. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. If cars that break during racing, I will reach out to the owner to work out a solution if possible. Cars that are glued together have come apart in the past due to big crashes on the track. I cannot enforce the use of screws, but it is highly encouraged because they can easily be replaced or opened to help fix any performance issues.
1. Golden Owl Racing - RECEIVED
2. PWC Racing - RECEIVED
3. Idiot Luggage
4. R-Lo Racing - RECEIVED
5. Doc's Speed Shop - RECEIVED
6. Flip's Racing - RECEIVED
7. Spirit of '64 Diecast Racing - RECEIVED
8. Man Child Motorsports - RECEIVED
9. KCLH Racing - RECEIVED
10. Vapor Racing - RECEIVED
11. Dubious Diecast - RECEIVED
12. epVideos Diecast Racing - RECEIVED
13. Bay City Diecast Racing - RECEIVED
14. The Eh Team - RECEIVED
15. Burnout Peak DRL - RECEIVED
16. Live Young Die-Cast - RECEIVED
17. Diecast Dude Racing - RECEIVED
18. Cloaked After Dark Racing - RECEIVED
19. Ra Sungod Racing - RECEIVED
20. Code 3 Motorsports - RECEIVED
21. Rust Belt Racing - RECEIVED
22. G4 Diecast Racing - RECEIVED
23. Willy Maykit Diecast Racing - RECEIVED
24. Puffs Racing - RECEIVED
25. Team DRT3K - RECEIVED
26. Lily's Boneyard - RECEIVED
27. Iron Beard Customs - RECEIVED
28. Grumpy Cloud Racing - RECEIVED
29. Numbskull Racing - RECEIVED
30. Hot Nuts Diecast - RECEIVED
31. Down Squad Racing - RECEIVED
32. Uncle Elvis Racing - RECEIVED
2. 2K Racing