These races will take place in Los Angeles California at the Hot Wheels Collectors Convention in October. Gas prices are insane so we are going green. Every team needs to send the following two castings made by Hot Wheels and currently on shelves for 2022. Races will be live on Facebook!
The Lucid Air and the Nissan Leaf Nismo
Rules & restrictions
- Modified entries only
- 70g maximum weight
- 3.25in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide
- Limit 2 entries per household
- Retail axles and wheels only. FTE/NPA axles allowed.
- No body modifications. If not listed it can't be modified. You can only paint the car, sand the stock chassis for body modifications. No window fill, no sanding and no wheel well hogging. And keep stock wheel size. You can obviously change the wheels and sand, polish axels ect.
No wheel bearings
- (2) Castings per team. Nissan Leaf Nismo and Lucid Air
- DO NOT SEND PLASTIC CASES. THEY WILL NOT BE RETURNED. Disposable packaging only!!!
- YOU MUST SEND a RLD Race Slip and $15 cash! If either are not with your cars you are disqualified and cars won't be returned.
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Friday, 9/21/2022. Racing is scheduled for Friday, 10/7/2022. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Send your entries to:
Include at least $15 for return shipping if you want your entries back. Entries not getting returned will be given to the winner as part of the prize.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
This track will be a drag strip at the convention. Dimensions will be as close to a scale quarter mile as room allows.
Race format and scoring
This will be a single-elimination tournament. A car will move on in the bracket only when it wins two races in a row. Cars will alternate lanes between each race.
The car that wins the final race will be declared the winner. Race host has final decision in all races.
Bracket seeding will be random.
Cars are given a grace of 1g over the stated weight limit to account for variance in scales.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify for victory. Offending cars will still race. Finish position and any prize will go to the runner-up in the case of the penalty car winning.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will not be repaired or replaced.
32 Teams Maximum
1. Golden Owl
2. Dalevis Jenkins
3. Rivera Racing
4. BlueLine Racing
5. Lily the Dog
6. Brendon Ruiz
7. Voxxer Racing
8. JAC Racing
9. Numbskull Racing
10. Bongo Motorsports- No Show
11. G Force_Racing
12. Big Al- No Show
13. K&O Racing- No Show
14. Iron Beard Customs
16. Cloaked after Dark
17. Bent Rod Racing
19. Jefe Speedway- No Show