Page 2 of 3

6 Lane Raceway Finishline "Support Stand"

Jump to first page Jump to last page

View member profile
model40fan 8/2/13

figured this was easier than the 4 sided box... can also be screwed down onto a wooden track base...
at LOWE'S - 90* angle steel 36" x 9/16"x 9/16"... about 1/16" thick... $5. ?? ....use a hacksaw or a wizzer [cut off saw] to cut the slots and to lenth...Diecast Cars, Hot Wheels, Matchbox
angled to show bends ...Diecast Cars, Hot Wheels, Matchbox
screw, bolt or weld to your choice of base, finishline drops into the open rectangles... elastic tiedowns...Diecast Cars, Hot Wheels, Matchbox

View member profile
Dadvball 8/2/13

Smitty, that works for me. I'll just screw them to the wood base.

View member profile
model40fan 8/2/13

cool... i'll weld on [1] flat washer anchor for the elastic and a washer fore and aft on the bracket for screwing to the base ...

View member profile
model40fan 8/3/13

LJLRC is going 4 wide on some specialty races using a 6 LANE RACEWAY's finishline unit... their CREW is gathering nuts er'... parts for the rig...the top washer retains the elastic tiedowns, the other 2 are to mount them to a steel or wooden base ;Diecast Cars, Hot Wheels, Matchbox
. "STANDS" slid onto the unit's legs ;Diecast Cars, Hot Wheels, Matchbox.
.[4] self tapping screws [metal base] , [4] wood / stovepipe screws and [2] elastics...
Diecast Cars, Hot Wheels, Matchbox
GO - DADDIO - GO !

View member profile
model40fan 8/3/13

less work, drilled holes instead of welding and grinding washers ;Diecast Cars, Hot Wheels, Matchbox
existing washer is to anchor the elastics, offset for screw driver clearance...

View member profile
Dadvball 8/5/13

They look good Smitty. Let me know what we owe you so I can tell Jeremy. Thanks.

View member profile
Preacher 8/5/13

I just cut some blocks of wood and glued them together, and drilled a few holes for track setup...and presto...done!

You can see the holes in the wood, this is for the track if it is on the floor, and the other holes is when it mounted on the boards.

The two holes

Finishline standing tall

Finishline looking Good!

Preacher

View member profile
model40fan 8/7/13

there you go guys... steel or easier to fab "norweigen wood" ...isn't it good !

View member profile
otp1 6/28/14

I  had a second 6 Lane Raceway I took the finish basE turned It around backwards drilled out the holes that the finisher slipped into to where the track with hook up to the Track pieces themselves

View member profile
otp1 8/28/14

I took a second track piece from another 6 Lane that the finisher sets in and turned it around backwards so the track connects to the connectors and drilled out the finishers hole so it slides in cause it won't slide in backwards simple if u have extra pieces

View member profile
otp1 8/28/14

You can see it on youtube search whiteimpalass2 thanks

View member profile
model40fan 10/7/14

wow... have any of you checked the e-bay price of the 6 lane raceway sets lately ?

to join the conversation or sign-up now