Gulf City Dragway welcomes the RLD 2018 Mini Motor Nationals, Sunday April 15th. This will be a track test and tune-up inaugural race for Gulf City Dragway. This race will feature Hot Wheels and like branded Mini cars. Typically we overlook these castings because they are smaller, shorter wheelbase and generally not thought to be top speed producers. I am hoping that we can make some speed out of these lightweight leftovers.
Rules & Restrictions
- Weight minimum/maximum 40 grams max no minimum.
- Size restrictions; length and height - trying to keep it small under 2.5 in. long or less. Must fit HW Orange Track
- Cars per entrant/household, etc... - 2 stock and 2 mod per team
- 1/64 scale diecast cars. Miniature models of cars for example; Austin Mini, Morris Mini, Fiat 500, Honda Civic, Ford Escort, Pedal Cars, Kool Kombie, possibly Type 2 VW, etc...
- FTE's are allowed...no wheel inserts or bearings allowed...must be stock style axles, axle tubes allowed. Wheels can be sanded and polished
- Stock cars allowed - yes
- Must be drilled rivets - on modified cars
- Dry lubes only
How to enter
Post a reply along with how many cars you're planning to enter.
Where to send your cars
PM for track address
Entries must be received by close of business Friday, April 13th.
Traction Event rule applies +/- 3 grams on weight
Winners and Results
TBD. Bragging rights, prestige and the related glory associated.